No Tags Found!

parthiv-jackson
Hello Friends.

Now I'm in the process of applying Australian PR Visa.

For that it requires Reference letter from all the previous and present employers.

When it comes to present employer the mention that they will provide reference letter only at the time of relieving. for the alternate way I proceed with statuary declaration. for the I need to get employment certificate or Bonafide certificate from the present employer. Bot they said like they have a guidelines to provide employment certificate or Bonafide certificate only for Business Visa from company.

what should I do now. Can any on suggest me.

Thanks.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Bonafide certificate a certificate of evidence confirming your employment with the employer. It is not necessary that it should be addressed to Australian Embassy and it can start as "To whomsoever it may concern" wherein they are confirming your employment with them only. There is no harm in it. It is strange why Employer is reluctant to issue Bonafide certificate. In no way employer is going to be responsible for any untoward situation. You may try to convince your employer again for a certificate addressed :"To whomsoever it may concern"

Alternatively check with Australian Embassy as to whether they will accept appointment order / pay slip / Form16 etc ?

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Parthiv-Jackson,

It sounds like you're in a bit of a challenging situation with your current employer's policies. Since they only provide reference letters at the time of relieving and the employment or bonafide certificate only for Business Visas, you might need to explore a few alternatives:

Speak with HR or a Senior Manager:
Sometimes, exceptions can be made if you explain your situation. You could request a meeting with HR or a senior manager to explain that the certificate is necessary for your Australian PR application, and emphasize that it doesn't impact your current employment.

Request a General Employment Verification:
If they are strict about not providing a bonafide certificate or reference letter, ask if they can at least provide a general employment verification letter, which states your employment dates, job title, and other non-sensitive details.

Use Pay Slips and Other Documentation:
If you cannot get any letter from your employer, you might need to rely on other documentation, such as pay slips, your contract of employment, or any internal communication confirming your employment status.

Statutory Declaration:
If all else fails, you might still proceed with a statutory declaration, explaining that your employer has a policy against issuing such documents except for specific circumstances.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

Indicating a couple of references of your past service is different and producing proof of past service is different. Obtaining references from your past employers is a sort of BGV. And if your Australian employer's policy stipulate such a process what you can do. Think what happens if one or two references return 'not so satisfactory' opinion, how such an unfavourable remark impact your chances of selection. It can depend only on rapport you maintained with your past bosses. May be you can avoid a reference of a boss with whom you didn't have cordial relationship. Instead think of alternate persons who might report sincerely without any adverse remarks.
From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

You need to explain your situation to the case manager handling your PR Application. I cannot remember how we managed with my partner's PR application back in 2017, but I think I had an email address as they had written to us to request some information. You may also be able to contact them via your Immi account which you set up to upload your application and relevant documents.

At the end of the day, you have to satisfy an Australian Immigration official, so you need to deal with them, to help find a solution. Getting PR is a long and arduous task as I can attest to with my partner's application. Asking questions on a forum such as this where it is unlikely many, if any, people will have the necessary Australian knowledge is not the way to deal with it.

From Australia, Melbourne
saswatabanerjee

It is actually not surprising.
The company knows you plan to leave and they are not interested in helping you out for migrating to another country.
There is no legal binding on them to do so either.
At best, you can speak to the senior management if you have contact with them and make a personal request.

Depending on your timeline, you may consider resigning from the company if you are desperate for the document and the embassy gives you no other option.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.