No Tags Found!

yousi
Hey,
All the mates have given a very good reason to control on meternity leaves but you are worried if sombody come with the reason of miscarriage, this situation is not like that you are having a headache and didn't go for doctor for treatment, if once claim this you have differnt mediaum to prove that medical report either it fake or true, you can consult with the paticular doctor and confirm.

sonal shree

Well, you are right. Such employees are truly misguided ones but they can be handled with care. Even our policy is such that we have always trusted our employees(till such cases started cropping up). A talk would certainly help.
But to ensure that we do not have to deal with such issues in future, rules need to be defined more clearly and strictly. We have entered into a contract with a leading hospital plus specified medical practitioners in every city/town where our offices are situated - only certificates and reports from them will be accepted.

From India, Mumbai
sonal shree

Let me clarify, here the employee had produced a prescription that she had some complications in the beginning itself and therefore was advised bed rest for sometime. She also argued that its not necessary that one faces problems only after belly starts showing up. So much for that!
That was the case.

From India, Mumbai
prashil

These leaves are granted for 45 day each before and after delivery.

So make it clear to all employees that those leaves will be granted for only last 45 days before delivery and first 45 days after delivery. In such case u will not need any proof of pregnancy as it is visible by then.

To know tentative delivery date you can ask employee to get medical cert. from reputed hospital or Dr. suggested by company.

In case if due to some reasons if delivery date is pre or postponed then u make it sure that total leave is of 90 days only. In unfortunate serious cases only company can grant one month extra leave.

It should also be noted that if employee doesn't take leave of 45 days before delivery she can take that leave after delivery i.e. if any particular employee takes 30 days leave before delivery then she is entitled to take 60 days leave after delivery. Thus making it total maternity leave of 90 days.

The converse of same is also true in above case. In addition to this u can also give employee earned leaves if she has them to her credit.

From India, Pune
PrathamParekh
I completely agree with samia , its very detailed constraint with valid reasons and no employee can go against it :)
From India, Vadodara
sarita_thakur12345

i am agree with madhu sir it quite not possible that a women fabricate all those things just for leaves i cant believe
From India, Panipat
sarita_thakur12345

mam,
after 3rd month or before, a women can face a problem , and doctor can suggest her bed rest and miscarriage can be possible in this period
and how a doctor can give her false report or subscriptions
first three months are very critical for women mam

From India, Panipat
mondalhr
why let the outsiders know about this it may harm the company image...............I think you should involve some colegue who is nearer to her (lady employee) in office and tell her to supply the correct information on demand to HR dept. related to her pregnency. Otherwise she'll be in trouble too along with the real victim.
From India, Delhi
sonal shree

Hi Sarita.
You are right that a woman can face a problem in initial stages too and that is why I deliberately mentioned the fact here so that I could convince all of you about this case of fabricating pregnancy. Some of the members argued that a woman can't fake pregnancy as the belly would show. Hope you get my point. As far as producing false reports or subscriptions is concerned, it is not a difficult task considering the fact that nowadays some doctors are selling themselves by charging some amount for giving such certificates. This needs to be checked and that is why we have now asked all the employees to get certificates and test reports from specified doctors and clinics.

From India, Mumbai
rn.pratihari
Maternity Benefit is a stautory benefit extended to a female employee as per the Maternity Benefit Act 1961. If you refer to the Act, most of the guidelines you get. For preventing fraudulent claims, second opinion by medical boards at Govt. or Pvt. Hospitals can be obtained.
Regards

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.