No Tags Found!

basudev-panda
I was working with an organization almost a decade ago and they have updated my DOE in UAN portal with a wrong date. I do have the relieving letter. I have been raising the request to rectify it in the UAN portal, and the UAN portal is showing the status as 'Pending at Employer'. Without this rectification, I will have serious Background Verification issues in future companies. I have tried to raise requests in the Alumini portal, but every time the request is getting closed without rectifying the issue. What are the options I have?
From India, Bengaluru
raghunath_bv

Hi Basudev-Panda,

Dealing with a discrepancy in your UAN (Universal Account Number) portal can be challenging, especially when it comes to potential background verification (BGV) issues. Here are the steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Contact the Employer Directly:
HR Department: Reach out to the HR department of your previous organization directly. Explain the issue clearly, emphasizing how it might affect your future employment.
Alumni Portal: If you've tried the Alumni portal without success, escalate the issue. Look for a contact or escalation email/phone number on the portal.
Formal Communication: Draft a formal email or letter detailing the issue, the incorrect date, and attach the relieving letter as proof. Request them to update the correct date of exit in the UAN portal.
2. Grievance Portal:
EPF Grievance Portal: You can lodge a complaint on the EPFO's official grievance portal EPFiGMS.
Select “UAN” as the grievance type and provide details of the incorrect DOE, along with your UAN number and the copy of the relieving letter.
Mention that you've tried contacting your employer and that the status is showing as 'Pending at Employer.'
3. Approach the Regional EPFO Office:
Visit or Contact: Visit the regional EPFO office where your account is maintained. Carry all relevant documents, including the relieving letter and any communication with your previous employer.
Follow-Up: If you cannot visit in person, contact them via phone or email, explaining the situation and seeking guidance on how to proceed.
4. Legal Notice (Last Resort):
If the employer does not respond or refuses to rectify the error despite multiple attempts, you might consider sending a legal notice as a last resort. Consult with a lawyer to draft a notice asking them to update the records.
5. Document Everything:
Keep a record of all communications with the employer, UAN portal, and EPFO, including emails, letters, and responses. This documentation can be crucial if you need to escalate the issue further.
These steps should help you in getting the correct DOE updated in the UAN portal, ensuring no issues during background verification in future employment.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.