Anonymous
I got an offer from CTS. Based on the offer, I resigned from TCS. But for 1 month, I have been facing challenges for BGC and the onboarding pass has not been generated. The recruiter is telling me that my first employer before Tcs, which was a start-up, Infrastep in Kolkata, does not operate from a physical address, so the background team is unable to verify. Now my question is, if a company is not operating from a physical address, as an ex-employee, how can I be responsible for that physical address? Though I have every document of my tenure. Yes, I have the offer letter and release letter, Experience letter with seal and signature also soft copy over mail that I received from their domain mail. I served there during the COVID period and never went to the office because everyone used to do WFH. I resigned from that company too in Covid.

I understood that they had an operating address that was not operational at that time due to COVID-19. Even if for seal and signature, company management called me at their residential address. This was two years back situation. With that company’s exp, I have joined TCS. Now in CTS, the recruiter says there are three steps for BGC. 1. UAN verification- not applicable to me(Form-16 available) 2. Company’s reply for verifying my tenure - done as the old company has replied. 3. Physical address verification is pending because the old company is not operating from its rented office. They are following WFH as they used to do in Covid time. Now, as an ex-employee, for a physical address, how can my candidature be impacted in CTS? I am worried as I took an early release from TCS based on a CTS offer and one month jobless due to this BGC. What should I do in this situation from my side?

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

This background verification agencies are making the candidates unable to live and pursue a career of his wish. If a candidate is fit for your position and if the documents are available to prove the experience, why should the employers go for background verification? Work from Home is available throughout India and abroad. There are companies which have permanently shut down their physical offices finding that the business would be run with lesser cost and more profits. That means it is a reality and the employees should not be victimised for not having a physical office. The verification team should act genuinely and not as a detective investigating a criminal case.

Now coming to the present issue, I would like to say that every employer has his own selection protocol which is flexible and the rule set for one person need not be made applicable to another employee. When the employer will be lenient in background verification in relation to a candidate who is employable or his presence in the office is very much required he will be very strict in relation to others whose availability in the market is highly elastic.

Form the employee side, we should also think that very decision will involve an element of risk and never get disappointed by a decision that you have taken. It may go wrong as happened in your case. Unfortunately, you cannot question the the decision of the employer but only try to defend the issues which made the verification to fail.

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

This is purely an act of foolishness on the part of verifying agency.

When the past employer's (TCS- which is reputed as well) details are verified why they are digging the first employer details which is a start up as you claim. It is the Employer (CTS) who need to intervene and close the process based on the available information.

You may explain the facts to CTS HR and also provide the contact numbers of initial employer and request them to resolve. Make them understand that you are unemployed without salary for a month.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.