Misty Sen
I got a job in UAE. During BGV, one of my previous employer mentioned ‘no records found’. My visa got on hold due to this.

I have furnished the prospective company with all the relevant docs like payslips, employment contract, relieving letter, Form 16, salary account bank statement, to prove my tenure. I also reached out to the previous employer with no response.

What shall I do?

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

This is very bad HR practice from the side of an employer. Now it has become your sole responsibility to prove that you had worked with that employer with the records available with you, ie, pay slips, PF contribution slips, appointment order followed by increment or appreciation letters. I would also say that you should bring that employer in to light so that he will not do it against another employee. If he refuses to furnish real service records available, you can reach out to the Labour Officer and get his assistance. In places like Kerala there is separate provisions made by amending Payment of Wages Act to protect the interests of the employees from such kind of harassment from the employers. By this the labour Officer is able to generate the service certificate and issue it to the employee concerned. But even without any such provision under any enactment the Labour Officer can interfere and do the needful. But for that what is important is that the labour Officer should be a person who wishes to enforce the labour laws and stand for the employees, and not a person who gets supplementary income from the employers.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Hi Misty Sen,

It's unfortunate that your visa process is on hold due to this issue with your background verification. Here are some steps you can take to address the situation:

Contact the Previous Employer Again:
Attempt to reach out to different departments such as HR, administration, or any senior personnel who might assist you.
Explain the urgency and the impact on your visa process.
Use multiple channels like email, phone, and even LinkedIn if needed.

\Prepare a Detailed Explanation:
Provide your prospective employer with a written explanation of the situation.
Include a detailed timeline of your tenure at the previous company.
Highlight your efforts to contact the previous employer and their lack of response.

Gather Additional Proof:
Besides the documents you've already submitted (payslips, employment contract, relieving letter, Form 16, and salary account bank statement), consider providing:
Reference letters from colleagues or supervisors.
Any emails or correspondences during your tenure.
Copies of performance reviews or any internal documents that prove your employment.

Legal or Professional Assistance:
Seek help from a legal professional who specializes in employment or immigration law.
A lawyer can help draft a formal letter or provide additional strategies to verify your employment.
Alternative Verification Methods:

Suggest to your prospective employer to use an independent background verification service.
Some third-party verification agencies may be able to confirm your employment through alternative means.
Communicate with the UAE Authorities:

If possible, explain the situation to the relevant visa authorities in UAE, either directly or through your prospective employer.
Provide them with all the evidence and a detailed explanation of the efforts you've made to resolve the issue.
Template for Detailed Explanation Letter
[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]

[Date]

[Prospective Employer’s Name]
[Company Name]
[Company Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear [Prospective Employer’s Name],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to provide additional context and evidence regarding my previous employment with [Previous Employer’s Name], which has recently resulted in a "no records found" status during the background verification process.

I was employed at [Previous Employer’s Name] from [Start Date] to [End Date] in the capacity of [Your Job Title]. Despite my diligent efforts to contact the HR department and other relevant personnel at [Previous Employer’s Name], I have not received a response that could clarify this discrepancy. However, I have compiled a comprehensive set of documents that substantiate my tenure at the company:

Employment Contract: [Attached]
Payslips: [Attached]
Relieving Letter: [Attached]
Form 16: [Attached]
Salary Account Bank Statements: [Attached]
Reference Letters (if available): [Attached]
I trust that these documents will suffice in verifying my employment history. Additionally, I am more than willing to provide any further information or clarification that may be required.

I sincerely appreciate your understanding and assistance in resolving this matter. Thank you for your continued support and consideration.

Yours sincerely,
[Your Name]

Taking these steps should help clarify your situation and hopefully expedite the resolution of your visa hold. Good luck with your new job in the UAE!

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.