No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I worked with Wipro BPO Pune for 7.5 years with a major UK Telecom Client . I had no growth despite giving the best performance and quality work. I have seen people with poor spoken and written English skills growing to become SME and QA within 2- 8 months.

I submitted my resignation on 19 June 2024. I had last reported to work on 27 June. I was seriously ill. First, it was high grade fever. I had informed My Team Lead. He asked me not to report until he gives permission. Then he went ahead and raised Absconding charges against me with OMBUDS team.

My Team Lead is class 12 drop out and had himself absconded from his previous company. Just that he grew very quickly in this process due to sheer luck.

I was unaware of him playing against my back. I had such high fever , vomit , stomach pain. I was unable to get out of bed for 3-4 days.
On 5th Day, I consulted the doctor who prescribed medicines and asked for few tests to be done. Upon blood test reports received, it was Typhoid revealed. I submitted the Lab reports to HR and manager, who said only 3 days were approved based on business requirement. It was impossible for me to return to work so early. They kept sending me threatening emails which stated of strict actions to be taken if I failed to report to work.

I was still very unwell with frequent vomits and severe abdomen pain and swelling. I was advised for few more tests and Ultrasonography by the Doctor. Once I received the reports , I submitted them to the HR and management, But they did not consider those reports - which stated I had hernia which requires surgery and acute pancreatitis. I needed to be admitted to the hospital immediately.
HR replied that based on old documents , my absconding stands valid. Everyone seemed to be interested in my separation or termination me. No one from the company asked how my health was or if needed any help.

A day after that, I received an email on gmail ID - Notice of Separation - that my Last working day /Actual Releasing date had been updated to 26 June. This was done without any discussion with me. Though I had reported to work on 27th June.
On the next day, I received an email from Wipro Legal and Compliance Team That I had been relieved from the services of wipro.

I had 15 days of leave in balance, I did not receive any leave encashment. I did not received my gratuity even. After 2 months, they sent me RElieving Letter, which mentioned 26th as last working day. Though I had worked on 27th JUne 2024.

Could they not waive off 2 months notice period recovery amount? And Actual Releasing Date is changed by to 26th June, then why did they deduct the amount from my gratuity?

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.