rujval
Hi,
No I don't think that you made injustice to that person. infect from my side your decision was correct.so don't worry related with this., so be happy like this always when you are right.ok :D
Regards
Rujval Bhatt

Madhu Sudhanan.S.M

Dear Indhu.
Dont let the emotions come in your professional line.
Hope we are no running a charity. I also agree that you should help that needy person. But in your situation when you have a good resource go for it.
You can help the needy person through refering other job or if you have other chance of recurting the person.
Regards,
Madhu

From India, Mumbai
unusual_indu

Respected Senior(Avinash)
Thank you very much for your comments.I might have received a lot of replies but Iam taken aback to see "Uday Pareek" at the end of of your signature.I treat the book on Human Resource managment by T.V Rao and Uday Pareek as my bible.Although unfortunately I have just relocated a few months back and by mistake I have left it at home,I miss that book a lot.If you personally know any of these authors please then please convey my best regards to them and tell them to add my name to the list of their biggest fan following.
Best Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
omprakashmahata
Dear Indrani,
I think you did fairly well justice to the needy person, because your selection not harmed the organization for being poor communication skills, on the other hand he performed outstanding with his polished skills and his job supported his family also.
An HR personal should be like this only, one who's commitments must accomplish professional as well as social responsibility also.
All the best,
With Regards,
Om Prakash

From India, Vadodara
priyankaupasani

Hi Indrani,
You made a wise decision as:
1) Usually, the person who is willing to work on his / her weaknesses ensures that he / she keeps the learning process on. Now a days what an organization needs is an employee who is open to learning more than the one who is a 'know all' simply because the business environment is changing and it is necessary to change the internal business processes accordingly. The employees have to be continuously be flexible to adapt to new technology / policies etc.
2) The other guy you mentioned about is the person who has requisite skills but there is a possibility that he might not accept the offer and hence your recruitment effort goes in vain. Again you cannot ensure his retention for long. Who knows he might be negotiating with one more Company based on your offer even before coming on board?
I hope this helps you to know that your decision was right.
Regards,
Priyanka Upasani

From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Respected Senior (priyanka)
Thank you for your comments .It will definitely help me to take decisions in future and also to come out of the dilemma Iam having.
Keep posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
rkulkarni3827
Hi Indu,
to start with the recruitment process one should have the job profile and which contain the (as far as your industry is concern) the soft skills and technical skills are very much importatnt like you mentioned that "communication skills". so we can not keep this factor aside in the current situation rather we should not think/consider to manage the requirement and select the candidates on the basis of the emotions.
second thing is that in your (type of the) company there is no such time to provide any such kind of training and do the assessment for the same. and consider for the regular employment.

With Regards,
Rahul

From India
Ankita Jain 23
HI Indu,
Even i think in this case you have got a quality candidate. As he has scored goodmarks, he was very zeal also for the job.
but beofre selecting him you must have see his zeal towards the job, learning ability,knowledge then only you have selected him, not on his need for the job.
As we have to always keep in mind that we are going to recruit a productive guy who can give his maximum out put to the organisation.
So go ahead with such decision

From India, Jaipur
sravanthi_s4444

u have taken a correct and good decision.... because everybody need a chance to prove themselves .....and you hav done a gr8 job by giving him a chance ...
From India, Hyderabad
virgovish
Hi Indu,
This incident has two faces as you have already mentioned........and ideally I stick to Akhilesh's call of recruiting the person based on abilities and suitability to the requirement.
This is for the fact that every company gives out responsibilities based on trust and if the employees get carried away by emotions, it might send the wrong msg. And it might hit the wrong cord especially in the HR sector.
As a person i appreciate your decision but as a professional, I would not agree to that.
And thiis is an awesome topic when all of us are prey to the fight between humanity and career orientation within us.
TnR,
Vish
(virgovish@gmail.com)

From United States, Denver
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.