jabran

Hi!
My answer is to all of you.
Close your eyes.
Look at the sun.
What color do you see?
Blind people have light perception, they usually can identify a source of light - and the capillaries behind the thin eyelids are filled with blood - hence the person would be able to see the color red.
Very rarely in the case of a person with absolutely no light perception you cannot give any visual description as the brain cannot register any color [for that matter - nor can he have any dreams]. You would have to give a combination of 4 senses - olfactory, gustatory, auditory and kinesthetic [smell, taste, hearing and feeling] - and explain to him the theory of particle physics and the electromagnetic spectrum to distiguish the wavelenghts of different colors.
I know I pass :)
regards
Jabran

From India, New Delhi
sadhanaphopse

Hi Bipin:)
I agree what shaival has said, i mean it all depends on the situation in which the interviewer is asking the question, and its the instinct then and there which makes us reply to his questions. and entire thing depends on the level of interviewers we are sitting with. interviewer does not want me to say how i explain colour to blind person, he wants my analytical skills and presentation skills on the question he has put forth.
well i hope i answered a bit to this question depending on my recruitment knowledge as a panel member of HR.
regards
sadhana:-D

From India, Delhi
vijayunny
Hi
The question is intresting, but why so many unwarranted & debatable replies, simple why ask such a stupid question to someone who is blind ?at the first place. Also, We in the HR tend to outsmart others by asking irrelavant questions and prolong discussions, simple :huh:. What ever you tell a blind man would be accepted by him ? as he is seeing the discriptions from ur eyes. Hence simply follow the managements decision for all purposes, & bow out of controversies.
What u say :)
Rgds
VJ

From India, New Delhi
lizancy

I will describe the color red as the feeling of the sensation of pain if there is sharp pain even a blind person might feel a sharp sudden pain might have some reflection inside the brains...So red color is related to Pain.
From Australia, Adelaide
ravi.ramanaiah
I will ask the blind man to close his eyes and tell him to press his eyes hard and then release it to see the red color:idea:
From India, Vijayawada
nupurgune
it is a very interesting question i must say. but what strikes me is the fact that the person is blind since birth. hence, any recognition of color is through what he is written/understood in early stages of life or just believed that some color called red exists like the other colors.. as according me, all the colors for the blind persona are same.. big deal if it red, white or blue..
hence, just tell the blind person it is red color and ask him/her 'the feel' of the color, or some expression connected to that color..
basically, making him believe through his/her own perceptions of a particular color are important than convincing him/her for the identification or recognition of the color. as according to me, every person has different perceptions of color.

From India, Mumbai
kerseley_allen
i will tell him that when you're smiling or laughing, he shows to the world different colours of his personality and one of them is red. Red symbolizes love, a feeling that you feel towards others.
did i make sense???

From Philippines, Makati
na75369

By asking this kind of question the interviewer is trying to communicate to u the nature of ur job.
Now ur answere shud be such that that it shud indicate/communicate to the interviewer that u r confident and ready for that job and u understand that u r going to face very difficult situations for which u have to be patient, creative (able to implement new ideas), dedicated, enthusiastic, professional (approach), passionate, persuasive, and that u r a leader and a good manager.

From China
sreeyen
Hi Bipin,
though the interviewer is blind, he surely can hear and feel.
so if one tells him to feel the colour of his blood or when it boils... im sure any man or woman blind/deaf/dumb can feel the visual impact of the colour ... RED.
that would be emotional intelligence at play..!!
regards
sridhar :)

MAMMA
Hai i m agree with teamgrouphr though the person is blind he can fill by his senses. as the intervierwer ask this type of oustion is only to analyse your capability intelligence smartness and confidence.so our answer mustbe as per sometimes they want to check whether ytou are fit for the role they will provide you
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.