No Tags Found!

Consultant01
I was working on a one-year contract as a consultant with a small organization in India. The contract is now coming to an end and I have got a new job that starts after the end date of current contract.

Do I need a relieving letter from the old organization? They have told me that they will take some months to verify that all my files are in place before issuing a letter.

As I'm anyway starting my new job after completing term of previous contract, do I still need a relieving letter?

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Yes you should for sure.

Relieving cum experience certificate is mandatory irrespective of the category of employment regular or consultant on contract.

What is the proof that you had successfully completed the one year consultant contract?. What ever experience you gained in the one year period how you are going to substantiate with your future employers without proper documentary proof in place ?

Relieving letter confirms your completion of past assignment and experience certificate certify your role with the past employer. So both are important. Some Employers combine both and issue in a same letter.

So please collect the same without fail.

Note : Always scan the relieving / experience certificate letter and keep a copy in your email inbox. Even if you misplace the same it would be easy for you to retrieve
the same through email.

From India, Madras
Consultant01
Hi, thank you for the reply. I understand and will collect it.
However, as they are saying they will take time to verify my work before issuing the letter, it may take a few months. I'm just concerned if my new workplace will be okay to wait for this.

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Yes can update the fact with the new employer. But just wondering why current employer requires one month time to issue relieving cum experience certificate.
From India, Madras
Consultant01
Thanks, I'll do that.
I'm not sure why but my old employer is saying that they need that much time to go over all my files from past projects and make sure everything is there. It is a small company and they are a bit slow for these things.

From India, Chennai
sripadhr

It is indeed puzzling why your old employer would need so much time to go over your past files. It would be good to clarify their intentions behind such a detailed review. If they do find any discrepancies or issues, you might want to ask how they plan to handle them and whether that would affect your exit process, especially in terms of your experience certificate. It’s important to ensure that any delays won’t negatively impact the issuance of this crucial document.
From India, Karimnagar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.