No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I used to work in a small tech start-up for about 3 years. We had a lot of salary issues, and the situation got worse with about 3-4 months of salary delays. The CEO wasn't responding to follow-ups. So we went legal against the company, and after that, the majority of us left.

My ex-employer is causing issues in background verification to all of us , we are not sure whether he is giving negative feedback or ignoring the verification mails.

I got placed at Deloitte India. Will Deloitte understand this and consider my documents (pay slips, bank statements, experience letters, onboarding letters ) and legal documents and give me an exception or will the revoke my offer.

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

Your question is: Will your future employer understand the situation, consider your documents from the previous job (pay slips, bank statements, experience letters, onboarding letters, and legal documents) and give you an exception or will they revoke their offer?

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. You have stated the facts. Drawing the wages for the work rendered is a legitimate demand You have filed a lawsuit for not obliging it. You have stood for your rights and standing for one's rights cannot be an offence. If the company does not disregard the adverse background verification report by the hostile previous employer, then it shows its values and culture. It would not be wrong to forego employment in such a company! But before foregoing the employment check with the future company authorities whether they are ready to accept an affidavit from you that declare bona fide facts.

Anyway, let us hope that such a contingency does not arise.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
JAGADEESHWARA

Hi,
Have you collected your relieving letter and service certificate from the current employer. If he has issued you a positive letter, you need not worry about background verification. Employer cannot give two types of ratings one is positive and the other one is negative.

From India, Bengaluru
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

The ex-employer is not legally bound to respond to the background verification request made by the present employer.
Your ex-employer only can be bound by an order of the court. So all the affected employees take the shelter under court.

From India, Mumbai
ashok-sharma1

I agree. In case they don't revert at all or give a negative feedback, then you should move to court unblock with the help of. A local lawyer You would get the relief though court only.

In case of any further queries, do contact
me.

Ashok Sharma
Mob 9999236926

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.