No Tags Found!

luk-hamber
I used to work in a reputed Indian tech company and was not able to attend the PIP exam due to some personal reasons (the proof of which was submitted). I was told it's not valid so I was made to resign. I was told I won't be getting relieving letter but they will provide service certificate after full n final settlement.
So I am going to have service certificate and not experience letter or relieving letter. Will that be a problem for my future career?

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Normally, in such scenarios the companies will not issue any experience certificate. It is presumed that in order to be entitled to get an experience certificate the employee should have gained any experience. But in order to make sure that the company is not liable for any act of the employee done after the date of relieving from the company, the company will issue a relieving letter. A relieving letter is a proof that the employee employer relationship has come to an end, and for any act or representation done by the said employee after that date, the company will not be responsible.

In your case it is just opposite. Perhaps due to ignorance of significance of relieving letter.

Again, service certificate and experience certificate are one and the same. In the experience certificate also, the same wordings that will give a picture of service from a date till another date will be given. Moreover, if there is a service certificate, there is no need to have separate relieving letter. This is because service certificate is issued only when an employee is relived from the company.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.