sgh
Hi Team
Am working as System Engineer in a company. When I joined the company, in my offer letter it was stated that if we dont serve notice period of 1 month then we need to give a months basic salary. But as of now when I resigned and told them that I will serve notice period of 14 days and also I will give my basic salary. But my company is now saying that company policies have got changed and its compulsory to serve 1 months notice period and if I dont follow it they will not releve me. Where as I haven't signed or aware of any changes in policies. So what should I do in such situation please help me

From India, Pune
deepa21

Hi
I think they cannot compel you to serve i month notice if it is neither mentioned in the revised policy nor been communicated to you in written.They might just be trying to make you stick,also try to make your HOD convinced if he approves your shortfall of notice i don't think HR can force.
Regards,
Deepa

From India, Gurgaon
Ann M

One of my senior employee has resigned and also given a cheque in lieu of his notice period. However, we want to write to him, requesting him to serve the notice and so want to return the cheque. Brcause he is on a very important project and we have no second man to take that job immediately. Can I do that ? A draft letter would help.
From India, Mumbai
htdesai

Dear Ann M
Did the hand over of the work was done by that senior person? If he has not then how he was relieved? If he has gone without notice but paid the amount for short notice , you can only request him to come for a day or two and handover the project to some other person, as if he at the senior level he should understand the imp of handover.
Regards,
Harshad

From India, Mumbai
Ann M

He has not been released. He wants release by next week, which will be one month notice. He has given a cheque for the remaining two months. We are yet to release him. But as per Appointment letter he can either serve the notice period or pay an equivalent amount. He has done the latter. But in this case, we would have preferred the former. So we are making this request.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.