No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I need some guidance and steps to do for me. How to approach in my further jobs.I have worked as civil engineer for 10 months in a private company, they didn't gave me any documents and no proper help . I only have salary statement supporting me that I worked there. On the other hand , after leaving there I wanted to transition my career into software development i.e sap abap. Mean while my training for some personal reasons I have to get a job , I cracked interview at concentrix for axisbank third party support , non voice process and on to land that offer has they kept experience letter is needed and I got no time and no response from my old company . I have submitted fake experience letter in concentrix and I got terminated due to bgv verification. I got pf from them for 3 months which I worked in concentrix . I want to know how to approach for my further goals and job in software . Will it impact , even if I didn't mention the experience in that bpo for 3 months , I got pf so they will know that I worked and what should I do and how do I manage it. will they do bgv check for the three months of experience. if i hide it as it is only for three months will there be an issue,
From India, Visakhapatnam
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Navigating your career after such experiences can be challenging, but with careful planning and honesty, you can overcome these hurdles. Here are some steps and strategies to help you move forward:

1. Understand the Importance of Honesty
Integrity: Honesty is crucial in your professional life. Misrepresenting your experience can lead to serious consequences, as you've already experienced.
Transparency: Be transparent with potential employers about gaps or changes in your career path. Many companies value honesty and may be willing to overlook past mistakes if you demonstrate integrity moving forward.

2. Addressing the Past
Omitting Short-Term Experience: If you choose to omit the three months at Concentrix from your resume, be prepared to explain any gaps during interviews. Focus on what you learned during that time and how it has prepared you for your current goals.

Handling PF Records: If asked about the PF records, be honest. Explain that it was a brief period and clarify the situation without going into unnecessary detail about the termination. Focus on what you've learned from the experience.

3. Rebuilding Your Career
Skill Development: Continue to build your skills in software development, specifically in SAP ABAP. Use online courses, certifications, and personal projects to enhance your expertise.
Project Portfolio: Develop a portfolio of projects that showcase your skills. This can help demonstrate your abilities to potential employers and make up for the lack of formal work experience in software development.

4. Job Search Strategies
Networking: Leverage professional networks, including LinkedIn, to connect with industry professionals. Networking can often lead to job opportunities that might not be advertised publicly.

Target Companies: Apply to companies that value potential and skill over formal experience. Startups and smaller companies are often more flexible in their hiring criteria.
Internships and Entry-Level Positions: Consider applying for internships or entry-level positions to gain formal experience in software development. These roles can serve as a stepping stone to more advanced positions.

5. Preparing for Interviews
Be Honest: If asked about your employment history, be truthful. Explain your desire to transition into software development and focus on your current skills and future goals.
Showcase Skills: Highlight your skills, projects, and any relevant training. Be prepared to discuss what you've learned and how it applies to the job you're applying for.

6. Managing Gaps and Employment History
Explanation: Be ready to explain any gaps in your resume. Focus on how you've used that time productively, such as through self-study, training, or freelance work.
Documentation: If possible, obtain any documentation or references from your previous roles, including the civil engineering position. Even without formal documents, personal references can sometimes suffice.

7. Legal and Ethical Considerations
Avoid Misrepresentation: Never submit false documents or misrepresent your experience in future applications. This can permanently damage your reputation and career prospects.
Seek Legal Advice: If you're concerned about the implications of past actions, consider seeking legal advice. A lawyer in profession of Labor law can provide guidance on how to navigate your situation.

8. Long-Term Planning
Set Goals: Define your long-term career goals and create a plan to achieve them. This plan should include ongoing education, skill development, and strategic job applications.

Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in software development. Regularly updating your skills will make you more competitive in the job market.
By focusing on skill development, honest communication, and strategic job searching, you can overcome past challenges and successfully transition into a career in software development
Thanks.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.