Anonymous_778
Dear Members,

I hope this message finds you well.I graduated in June 2024. I recently worked for a company for two months. During my first month, I was on probation. After that, I was made a full-time employee for 15 days. However, the company shifted me to a different tech stack, which was completely new to me. I was not given adequate time to learn the new stack. As a result, they invoked my probation again, and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to meet their expectations in this unfamiliar territory.

This situation started affecting my mental health, especially since I live alone, and the compensation of ₹9,000 for probation if not cleared was not sufficient to cover my expenses. Given these challenges, I made the difficult decision to leave the company. I informed my colleagues and HR about my decision but, not being fully aware of the formal exit process, I didn’t send any official mail or follow the standard procedure.

Now, I have been selected for an MNC. However, I am concerned about the background verification (BGV) process since my previous company has not provided me with a relieving letter.I don't have any EPF account and Tax Deduction throughout two months working with the company. They are claiming that I absconded, which I believe happened due to my lack of knowledge about the formal exit process.

I did mention this experience in the resume I shared with my new employer’s HR. However, during the paperless onboarding process, I did not include it in the employment history section, as I selected "fresher" at that stage. If the BGV process raises questions about this discrepancy, I plan to be transparent and explain that I didn’t mention this role in the on-boarding form due to the short duration and the challenges I faced.

I would appreciate any guidance or advice on how I should handle this situation, particularly regarding:

1. How to navigate the BGV process without a relieving letter ??
2. How to address the company’s claim of absconding ??
3. Explaining the difference between my resume and the paperless onboarding form ??

Thank you for your time and support.

From India, Haridwar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.