No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I was appointed in import in 10yrs ago to handle 100 fcl per month, but on joining day, a previous employee rejoined, so management gave me only 20% of the work rest she handled. But after a few months, I realised she was even interfering in my product line and with the help of senior management she is trying to remove me so requested management to give me additional work so i can save my job after 5-6 yrs management gave me responsibility of logistics and warehousing as manager for 6month without salary rise. I wanted this to extend, so I did all to save that post-lije saving, service improvement, and raise internal issues to management, which was also appreciated, but other team members didn't like it and started complaining that things were getting difficult for them all.

Management informed to make it smooth for all ge will hire junior manager under me but HR announced he is HOD, I asked my boss but he asked to ignore.
Now after 1 yr my boss has been replaced, and the new boss asking me to report to the junior manager and everyone else from marketing, hr and finance is in his favour
Can I get any help in this case, please

From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

The following can be deduced from your post:

a) On the very first day in the company, the previous employee rejoined. Generally, those who are well-known or well-acquainted, are looked upon favourably. On the contrary, you were new and must have taken time to find your footing. This was the most unwelcome and unfortunate development.

b) On your transfer to logistics and warehouse, you say that you improved the processes and you were appreciated by the management. But these improvements were not liked by the staff, and they became antagonistic. I wish that while bringing about change, you had taken your subordinates or others into confidence.

c) You have endured office politics for a decade. Politics bring toxicity, and surviving a toxic environment for a decade was not easy. But you did it. Since you are deeply entrenched in the company, the management has found a new way to make you quit the company. They have brought a boss for you. This is an indirect pressure tactic to make you quit.

d) The question is, why did you persevere for such a long time? I wish you had left the company five years ago. You are from New Delhi. A large number of warehouses have come up in the last decade in New Delhi. Why didn't you capitalise on the growth of the warehousing industry?

The Remedy: - Your colleagues, peers from other departments, and boss do not want you to continue in the company. In their eyes, you are persona non grata. Therefore, the only remedy left is to quit the company honourably. If do not do so, then the management could force separation on you, and it will be an ignominious exit. Are you prepared for that?

The Lesson Learned: - We, the members of this forum, do not know the internal dynamics of your company. However, the situation calls for introspection. Despite bringing about positive changes in the systems and processes, why has everybody turned against you? Do they consider you an over-assertive person? How was the quality of your work? Was it flawless? Were there customer complaints because of the delayed delivery, wrong delivery, or under delivery? During the stock checking, was there a high mismatch between the book inventory and the shelf inventory? There are many questions to ask.

The Closing Message: - Setbacks in life are common. Consider this as a setback and learn the lesson from what happened in this company. Start looking for a new job. In the new job, start on a fresh note and grow your career.

Wishing you all the best,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
anju-babbar
Sir i don't know the exact reason but my boss said there have been I'll practices in logistics that we need to find and i was extremely strict with those suspect so they even tried to stop this promotion
Marketing team had no control on customer. If customer placing order at 11th hr they pressure to dispatch even if transporter charge extra here we were losing so i reported this to management which marketing did not like so my boss ask me to support this team and because i started supporting marketing finance manager went against that i am not working according to him this is how other departments also started complaining
There was no complaint from customer or wrong mismatch but my colleague started hating my way of working when i started highlighting where they were wrong and yes transport vendor were also unhappy because they were not getting rates they needed anymore

From India, New Delhi
anju-babbar
Please also note thta i have 2 small daughters and lthis office is at distance of abt 1hr it's easy for me to manage house and work with this job .at other locations min 2hrs will take 1 side.
Please also note i helped company by controlling these 3 additional dptt (logistics, cust service, warehousing)along with my existing import export work for which they paid nothing and when they got new person they removed me from logistics and now i am still taking care of customer service and import export

From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

I have written already that we, the members of this forum, do not know the internal dynamics of your company. So, we cannot comment on the incidents happening in your company. You have tried to protect the interests of the company, but people around you have not taken it in the right spirit. Far from taking it even neutrally, they have begun their open hostility.

The tussles or hassles with the marketing department and operations departments are common. These happen in many companies. But these do not go to the level where either side tries to get rid of the other side. Unfortunately, the senior management personnel did not intervene to douse the fires.

Appointing a junior person and asking you to report to him is humiliating. Rather than directly telling you to resign, the top leadership of your company have adopted this route. Now you have two options: accept humiliation and continue with the employment or resign.

You have referred to your senior as your "boss" in your posts. What is your boss's designation, and did he not protect you? How were your relations with him? While we may make a decision, many times we need to show that it has come from our seniors. Did you shoot by keeping the gun on the senior's shoulder? Probably not! Rather, you were on the firing line to protect your senior. Anyway, these are surmises, and there is no point in discussing them.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
anju-babbar
Sir i am reporting to MD, he showed he is supporting this is why i could highlight all this openly later when HR hired his own person my boss said i cannot do anything as there have been alot of clashes on daily basis from marketing finance HR etc.
Later my boss was also fired and 4 months ago new director joined and this finance manager also became 2nd director .
I tried talking with new director but he is not entertaining and i believe he also in influence

This company is in haryana, hr us adding employees in almost evey department from his family members, almost every one knows but no one is doing anything about it
Sir i am finding jobs and will certainly change if i atleast get package. but is there anything i can do to stay here
Apart from distance this company pays salary and increament on time and as mother regular income is my necessity

From India, New Delhi
saswatabanerjee

As @dinesh said, there is very little we can suggest.
If the work environment is toxic, it is better to find another job. You can show your experience and knowledge during interview (but avoid a blame game or disclosing internal matters). 10 years is long enough for a job change and no one will question why you wish to change.

Beyond this, whether to change or remain, we can’t say anything.
Nor do we really understand your personal problems that we can give any other advice

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.