No Tags Found!

mukesh19661

Dear All, I have confusition regarding retirement age of worker in private sector in gujarat state. Please advise me retiremen age is 58 years or 60 years as per gujarat model standing orders. Mukesh
From India, Ahmadabad
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mukesh
The age of retirement in the private sector depends on the clause relating to the age of retirement in the certified standing orders. If there are no certified standing orders, then the age of retirement contained in the Model Standing Orders appended to the Industrial Employment Standing orders Act has to be applied. If the organisation is one to which the Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act is not applicable, please see whether the appointment order mentions the age of retirement and if the age of retirement is specified in the appointment order that age has to be recorded as the age of retirement. If the appointmnt order is also silent on this point, then the employer has the discretion to decide about the age of retirement. But this age as decided by the employer has to conform to the practice in the particular industry and region
With regards

From India, Madras
mukesh19661

Dear Mr. V.Harikrishnan
Thanks for your adivse. In appointment letter or agreement not defind retriement age. So now the retirement age is as per Industrial Employment Standing orders Act has to be applied. But I have to know at present what is the retiredment age as per Gujarat Model Standing Orders?
Mukesh

From India, Ahmadabad
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr.Mukesh The Model Standing orders appended to the Industrial Employment Standing orders Act will indicate the age of retirement. Also please read my last posting
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.