No Tags Found!

priyankabarvemba@gmail.com
I am working in a Construction company as an HR. In my company, we give 16 paid leaves to employees after confirmation and 13 national and local holidays. So, is that fine? I have read that, as per the Shop Act, employees should get a minimum of 21 Paid leaves in addition to national holidays. Please suggest me a good option so that I can implement it in the company.
it's very urgent; please help.
Regards
Anushka

From India, Pune
bhaktinarang_123

According to SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS ACT
PL -Not less than 15 days after every 12 months continuous service, provided that if an employee completes a period of 4 months in continuous employment, he shall be entitled to not less than 5 days PL for every such completed period.
-Can be accumulated upto 3 years (i.e. upto 3 times the period of leave to which the employee is entitled after one year.
-If an employee separates before he has been allowed PL, the employer shall pay him full wages for the period of leave due to him.
SL/ CL -SL or CL not less than 12 days in a year, provided that if an employee completes a period of 1 month in continuous employment, he shall be entitled to not less than 1 days CL for every month.
-Need not be accumulated beyond one year.

From India, Mumbai
bhaktinarang_123

Hi Anushka, Apart from PL and the National holidays, does your company provide any leaves, such as CL and SL.
From India, Mumbai
priyankabarvemba@gmail.com
no.. we are having all in one that is PL;SL;CL=16 + national & local holidays. Regards Anushka
From India, Pune
bhaktinarang_123

But the Act says you need to have SL/ CL -SL or CL not less than 12 days in a year,in addition to PL -Not less than 15 days after every 12 months continuous service
From India, Mumbai
gaylepartain
As per the Factories Act, 1948, the minimum number of paid leaves that should be provided to employees is 12 days per year, in addition to the national and festival holidays.

In your case, the company is providing 16 paid leaves and 13 national/local holidays, which is higher than the legal minimum requirement. This is a good practice and compliant with the statutory provisions.

However, if you wish to further enhance the leave benefits for your employees, you can consider the following options:

Increase the number of paid leaves: You can consider increasing the number of paid leaves from 16 to 21 days per year, aligning it with the minimum requirement under the Shop Act.
Introduce Casual Leaves: In addition to the 21 paid leaves, you can introduce a separate category of Casual Leaves, say 5-7 days per year, which the employees can avail as and when required.
Combine Paid Leaves and Casual Leaves: You can combine the paid leaves and casual leaves into a single "Paid Time Off" (PTO) policy, where the employees have a total of 26-28 days (21 paid leaves + 5-7 casual leaves) that they can avail as per their requirement.
Introduce Sick Leaves: You can also introduce a separate category of Sick Leaves, say 10-12 days per year, which the employees can avail in case of illness or medical emergencies.
The key is to ensure that the overall leave benefits are competitive and align with industry standards, while also complying with the statutory requirements. It's always advisable to consult with a labor law expert or your legal counsel to ensure that the leave policies are in line with the applicable laws and regulations.

From United States, Phoenix
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.