View Poll Results: I LIKE THIS THREAD........
YES 240 96.77%
NO 9 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

CLEVER

- GPA

One Night 4 College Students Were Playing Till Late Night And Didn't Study For The Test Which Was Scheduled For The Next Day.

In the morning they thought of a plan. They made themselves look as Dirty and weird with grease and dirt. They then went up to the Dean and Said that they had gone out to a wedding last night and on their Return.

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUWlnCjNSa9Pfv9WLCPlCvt4K32mWj4 y4WH5UptEHwIfllS60jXQ[/IMG]

The tyre of their car burst and they had to push the car all the way Back and that they were in no condition to appear for the test.

So the Dean said they can have the re-test after 3 days. They thanked him and said they will be ready by that time.

On the third day they appeared before the Dean. The Dean said that as this was a Special Condition Test, All four were required to sit in separate classrooms for the test.

They all agreed as they had prepared well in the last 3 days.

The Test consisted of 2 questions with the total of 100 Marks.

Q.1. Your Name...........................( 2 MARKS )

Q.2. Which tire burst ?...............( 98 MARKS )

A) Front Left

B) Front Right

C) Back Left

D) Back Right ......!!!

Who is clever...?

Teacher or Student...??

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A LOVE STORY
Two butterflies were in love.........
One day, they decided to play Hide n Seek.......
During the play.....
Boy Butterfly - "A small game within us"
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToQqP06ShG0jleU4n25XHo_RAxLty2z 0JHUKT2aI8p8Orx2Ffy[/img]
Boy Butterfly - "The one who sits in this flower tomorrow early in
the morning.....that one loves the other one more....."
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
Next morning, the boy butterfly waits for the flower to open so that
he can sit before the girl butterfly does......
Finally, the flower opened.....
Then he saw.....
The girl butterfly had died inside the flower.....
She stayed there all night......so that early in the morning......as
soon as she sees him.......she can fly to him and tell him how much she
loved him........
This is true LOVE....
Life is LOVE.......
LIVING MIGHT MEAN TAKING CHANCES, BUT THEY ARE WORTH TAKING......
LOVING MIGHT BE A MISTAKE, BUT ITS WORTH MAKING........

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
Sindhu N R

Just A Few Drops

Author Unknown

It was one of the hottest days of the dry season. We had not seen rain in almost a month. The crops were dying. Cows had stopped giving milk. The creeks and streams were long gone back into the earth. It was a dry season that would bankrupt several farmers before it was through. Every day, my husband and his brothers would go about the arduous process of trying to get water to the fields. Lately this process had involved taking a truck to the local water rendering plant and filling it up with water. But severe rationing had cut everyone off. If we didn't see some rain soon... we would lose everything.

It was on this day that I learned the true lesson of sharing and witnessed the only miracle I have seen with my own eyes. I was in the kitchen making lunch for my husband and his brothers when I saw my six-year old son, Billy, walking toward the woods. He wasn't walking with the usual carefree abandon of a youth but with a serious purpose. I could only see his back. He was obviously walking with a great effort...trying to be as still as possible.

Minutes after he disappeared into the woods, he came running out again, toward the house. I went back to making sandwiches, thinking that whatever task he had been doing was completed. Moments later, however, he was once again walking in that slow purposeful stride toward the woods. This activity went on for an hour. He would walk carefully to the woods, run back to the house. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and I crept out of the house and followed him on his journey (being very careful not to be seen...as he was obviously doing important work and didn't need his Mommy checking up on him).

He was cupping both hands in front of him as he walked, being very careful not to spill the water he held in them...maybe two or three tablespoons were held in his tiny hands. I sneaked close as he went into the woods. Branches and thorns slapped his little face but he did not try to avoid them. He had a much higher purpose. As I leaned in to spy on him, I saw the most amazing site. Several large deer loomed in front of him. Billy walked right up to them. I almost screamed for him to get away. A huge buck with elaborate antlers was dangerously close. But the buck did not threaten him...he didn't even move as Billy knelt down. And I saw a tiny fawn laying on the ground, obviously suffering from dehydration and heat exhaustion, lift its head with great effort to lap up the water cupped in my beautiful boy's hand.

When the water was gone, Billy jumped up to run back to the house and I hid behind a tree. I followed him back to the house, to a spigot that we had shut off the water to. Billy opened it all the way up and a small trickle began to creep out. He knelt there, letting the drip, drip slowly fill up his makeshift "cup," as the sun beat down on his little back. And it came clear to me. The trouble he had gotten into for playing with the hose the week before. The lecture he had received about the importance of not wasting water. The reason he didn't ask me to help him.

It took almost twenty minutes for the drops to fill his hands. When he stood up and began the trek back, I was there in front of him. His little eyes just filled with tears. "I'm not wasting," was all he said.

As he began his walk, I joined him...with a small pot of water from the kitchen. I let him tend to the fawn. I stayed away. It was his job.

I stood on the edge of the woods watching the most beautiful heart I have ever known working so hard to save another life. As the tears that rolled down my face began to hit the ground, they were suddenly joined by other drops...and more drops...and more. I looked up at the sky. It was as if God, himself, was weeping with pride.

Some will probably say that this was all just a huge coincidence. That miracles don't really exist. That it was bound to rain sometime. And I can't argue with that...I'm not going to try. All I can say is that the rain that came that day saved our farm...just like the actions of one little boy saved another.

I don't know if anyone will read this...but I had to send it.... To honor the memory of my beautiful Billy, who was taken from me much too soon.... but not before showing me the true face of God, in a little sunburned body.

From India, Kochi
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

After 48 years of marriage, an elderly Sindhi man in Bombay calls his son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 45 years of misery is enough!"

"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says.

"We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call

your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!"

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck

they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this." She calls Bombay immediately, and screams at the old man, "You are not getting divorced.

Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and

we'll both be there tomorrow.

Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR??" and she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay", he says, "It's all set. They're both coming for Diwali and paying their own airfare!!"

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A SAD STORY

I was walking through the supermarket to pick up a few things when I noticed an old lady following me around.

Thinking nothing of it, I ignored her and continued on.

Finally I went to the checkout line, but she got in front of me.

“Pardon me,” she said, “I’m sorry if my staring at you has made you feel uncomfortable.

It’s just that you look like my son, who just died recently.”

“I’m very sorry,” I said to her, “Is there anything I can do for you?”

“Yes,” she said, “As I’m leaving, can you say ‘Good bye, Mom?’ It would make me feel so much better.”

“Sure,” I said. An odd request, but no harm would come of it.

As the old woman was leaving, I called out, “Good Bye, Mom!”

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRdy6L2ZZIQBsikwln_h-AjrlCNpCu2c9Erd2X-QgVQjRaNqWVHQ[/img]

As I stepped up to the checkout counter, I saw that my total bill was blasting..

“How can that be?” I asked, “I only purchased a few things!”

“Your mother said that you would pay for her,” said the clerk.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

INTELLIGENCE
Interviewer said "I shall either ask you ten easy questions or one really difficult question. Think well before you make up your mind!".
The boy thought for awhile and said,"my choice is one really difficult question."
"Well, good luck to you, you have made your own choice! Now tell me this.
"What comes first, Day or Night ?"
The boy was jolted in! to reality as his admission depends on the correctness of his answer, but he thought for a while and said, "It's the DAY sir!"
"How" the interviewer asked,
"Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a SECOND difficult question!"
He was selected !!!
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A STRANGE INVITATION

This is a short story of Akbar and Birbal. As Akbar gets bored of Birbal’s answering he removes the post of Birbal and loses him. He later cleverly tricks Birbal into getting back to his palace.

Akbar was ruling India as an Emperor. He was not just a king but a versatile personality. He had a very clever witted minister in his palace named Birbal. Birbal was also his good friend and company.

<image no longer exists>

Akbar has always heard clever and straight answers of Birbal in solving many problems and mysteries. At one time Akbar got bored of his straight forward manners and decided to remove him from his minister post. Birbal has a lot of self-respect. He couldn’t tolerate this situation and went away from the kingdom of Akbar without letting anyone know where he was going.

Since that time Akbar went into a depressing mode due to absence of Birbal in his palace. He sent his men to search for Birbal all around his kingdom. But those men couldn’t find him.

Akbar thought a lot about this and got an idea. He felt that Birbal must have settled as a minister in a neighboring kingdom. He immediately sent an invitation message to all neighboring kings. That invitation message was strange. It said “The marriage of a Sea in our kingdom has been fixed. We are inviting all of the rivers in your kingdom to attend this ceremony.”

Though the other kings felt weird about this message and didn’t like it, they had to accept it because Akbar is their Emperor. So nobody dared to ask against it though it was not at all clear to them.

After a few days Akbar got a reply from one of his kings. That message said “I am sending all the rivers in my kingdom. To take them please send all the wells in your kingdom.”

Akbar was surprised and satisfied by the witted nature of the response. He realized that only Birbal could send such a response. So he immediately arranged for his family to visit that kingdom which has sent the reply.

Akbar, after reaching the kingdom, found Birbal as a minister there. So it was Birbal who as a minister could reply to Akbar’s strange message. Akbar asked Birbal to pardon him for his mistake and to come back to his kingdom. Birbal immediately accepted his invitation as he too was missing the association of Emperor Akbar for a long time.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

HONESTY

This is a short story with a moral about having good habits from childhood. Satwika is a small girl who develops honesty from childhood.

There was a little girl named Satwika. She was ten years old. Once she went to a sweets shop. She bought sweets as told by her mother.

As she was about to leave she noticed that the shop owner was busy in dealing with other customers. She immediately took one Laddu (a nice sweet) from a Laddu plate and went home.

At home, she gave the sweets she bought to her mother. Her mother also noticed the Laddu she has brought. Surprise from where this Laddu had come without her telling to buy one, she asked Satwika “How did you get this Laddu?”

Satwika never lied about anything. So she told her mother the truth that she took the Laddu from the same sweet shop she bought other sweets, when the shop owner was busy with other customers.

After listening to Satwika’s words, her mother told her “If you are taking something of another person without their knowing, then it is called stealing. Stealing from others is wrong. God will always be watching you even though the shop owner might not have seen you taking the Laddu. When God sees you do this, He thinks that you are not a good girl. Hence He does not give you good friends and education in your life afterwards”.

Satwika was quick to understand her mother’s words. She learned that stealing things from others is not a good thing to do. So she decided to give the Laddu back to the shop owner.

She took the Laddu and went to the shop to return it. While giving the Laddu back to him, she explained what she did.

The shop owner was very much happy about her honesty. He sent her back home by giving some Laddus as gifts.

Moral of the Story:

One should make the children learn good habits from childhood.

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

AN INTELLIGENT BULL

This Short Story The Clever Bull is quite interesting to all the people. Enjoy reading this story.

There was a forest with many birds and animals. Once, a bull wandering in the forest came upon a cave. Near the cave was a big pond and lush green grass. “This is an ideal place for me to settle down,” the bull thought. So, he made the cave his home. Many days passed. The bull became quite healthy, grazing in the meadows. The bull was happy and peaceful living in that cave. He had made many friends in that forest.

One day, the bull was resting outside his cave house. A lion happened to come by that way. The lion was happy to have spotted a bull after a long time. “Aha! A bull! He is so healthy too,” thought the majestic lion, licking his lips in anticipation of a good meal. The bull too noticed the lion. He could sense danger. I must be on my guard now,” the bull thought and decided to do something to hide himself from the lion.

When the lion came close to the bull, the clever bull looked into the cave and called out, “Darling, do not cook anything for dinner. I have just spotted a lion. I am waiting for it to come near.” When the lion heard the bull, he returned around and ran for his life.

A jackal saw the lion running breathlessly. “Why are you running, Mr. Lion?” asked the jackal. The lion told him all that had happened. “The bull has made a fool out of you,” replied the jackal. And the jackal added, “Come with me. Together we can feast on the bull.” But the lion was too scared to believe the jackal.

The jackal understood why the lion was hesitating to come with him. “Alright then! Tie your tail with mine and let me lead you to the cave of the bull. In case the bull attacks, then I will be the one who will get caught first,” the jackal said.

The lion agreed to this plan of action prepared by the jackal. And then the lion and the jackal tied their tails together. They set off to the bull’s cave.

Both the lion and the jackal went near the cave where the bull was. When the bull saw the lion coming with the jackal, he thought, “I am sure that cunning jackal knows I fooled the lion. Without panicking, the bull cried out to the jackal, “I had asked you to bring me two lions. Do you want me to keep my children hungry?”

Even this time the lion did not realize that the bull was again fooling him. He was terrified. He ran as fast as he could run dragging the jackal with him over stones and thorns. The clever bull outwitted his enemies and saved himself from its enemies.

Both the lion and the jackal never returned that way. Thereafter the bull lived a peaceful and happy life with his wife and children.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
TELIKEPALLI

Dear CRK, Rally good one.........Thanks in ton for sharing very fabulous stories...............Keep sharing ........ Wishing you all the best Regards, Sravan
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.