View Poll Results: I LIKE THIS THREAD........
YES 240 96.77%
NO 9 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

REALIZE THE VALUE OF TIME

When the angel of death came to Joe Smith, to accompany him to his real home, Joe dismissively responded “I am not ready to die as I have so much left to do. Do you mind coming back later?” the Angel replied, sorry your time is up and we must leave now.

Joe enquired, “don’t you know who I am? I am Joe Smith, one of the richest men in the world. The Angel nodded “I know all about you as I do everyone else; now hurry along, Let’s go.” Joe pleaded; “if I were to give you 10% of my fortune, which is over a billion dollars, will you turn a blind eye and return a year later?” the Angel shook his head and replied, “you don’t seem to understand Joe. It is time to go” For the next few moments, Joe tried his best to negotiate with the angel giving away more of his fortune for lesser time. He finally succumbed and offered “if I were to give you all my fortune, which is 10 billion dollars, will you give me 5 minutes so that I can call my wife and children and tell them that I love them? I have never told them this and it is very important to me that they know how I feel about them.

I also need to seek forgiveness from 2 people that I have hurt the most. All I ask is 5 minutes!” the Angel paused and looked at Joe curiously and asked, “how long did it take you to make your 10 billion dollars?” Joe replied, “30 years my friend - it took me a whole 30 years - it’s a great deal in exchange for 5 minutes, take it - you will never have to work another day in your life. “

The Angel shook his head and said “I really do not understand you human beings! If you are willing to give up 30 years of your lives’ work for 5 minutes, then why did you not make the most of every minute while you had it?

How did you value your time? Where were your priorities? Why did you not say or do the things that really mattered?” The lights went off a second later, Joe was gone. His 10 billion dollars could not buy him the time to do what really mattered.

Time! Your most precious invaluable resource!

cRK

From India, Vijayawada
TELIKEPALLI

Dear CRK, Really this is very good and meaningful story ..... Yes....everybody should understand the value of time.....since it is very very precious. Thank you very much for sharing . Regards, TSK
From India, Hyderabad
Sindhu N R

Twinkies and Root Beer

A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a six-pack of Root Beer and he started his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he met an elderly man. The man was sitting in the park just feeding some pigeons.

The boy sat down next to him and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the man looked hungry, so he offered him a Twinkie.

The man gratefully accepted it and smiled at boy. His smile was so pleasant that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered him a root beer.

Again, the man smiled at him. The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave, but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the man, and gave him a hug. The man gave him his biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?

"He replied, "I had lunch with God." But before his mother could respond, he added, "You know what? God's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the elderly man, also radiant with joy, returned to his home. His son was stunned by the look of peace on his face and he asked," Dad, what did you do today that made you so happy?"

He replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God." However, before his son responded, he added," You know, he's much younger than I expected."

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Embrace all equally!

~author unknown~

From India, Kochi
TELIKEPALLI

Dear Friends,

Herewith I am sharing a good moral story...... Hope you all like it and I got this story earlier from this same community and wanted to post again in this stories thread.

A rich old man was very ill and was on his 'death-bed'. His four sons stood around him. The eldest son said, "Father has only a few breaths left now. Soon he will die. Let us arrange for a beautiful open-jeep carriage to take the body to the funeral ground. One of you go and talk to the flower girl to deliver fifty garlands of fresh balsam flowers so that we can decorate the arthi nicely. Also order a set of new clothes for him. Our father has lived like a king. So, he must go too, like a King."

The second son said, "Why to order the flowers? They shall rot in this heat anyways. The carriage shall cost us dear. Why don't we just ask for the ambulance from the 'Jeevan Hospital', down the road? It shall not cost as much as the jeep carriage. And, do we really need the new clothes? He is going to be dead anyways. He won't even know."

The third son was even thriftier. He said, "Of what use is the ambulance from Jeevan Hospital? We can request for an ambulance from the Government Hospital or from the Red Cross Society. Surely that should be more economical. After all what does it matter to a dead man, whether his last journey is in a fancy carriage or in an ordinary ambulance?"

The youngest son was craftier still. He said, "Why bother with the ambulance and the flowers? The funeral ground is just behind our house anyway. We are four of us; we can put him on a cot and carry him on our shoulders. It's only a short distance from our house to the crematorium. "

The old man happened to be listening to this conversation between his sons. The very sons for whose sake he had toiled all his life! For them he had scrimped and scraped for years to give them a good life. He wanted to leave behind enough wealth to make them comfortable for a long, long time. What was this they were saying? His sons! His dearly beloved sons! His own flesh and blood!

With a surge of energy he sprang up from the bed and said, "If one of you will kindly bring my shoes, I'll just go by myself. I don't need a carriage, an ambulance or a cot. I think my shoes are enough for me to walk out of here. I don't need help from anyone of you."

From India, Hyderabad
TELIKEPALLI

Dear CRK, I could not see stories these days from you. Hence I am requesting you to post good stories like earlier at your convenience time. Thanks in advance, TSK
From India, Hyderabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Once upon a time there was a boy with a very difficult character. His father gives him a bag full of nails and tells him to drive one nail in the garden fence every time he loses his patience and/or has an argument with someone.

The first day the boy drives 37 nails in the garden fence.

In the following weeks, the boy learns to control himself and the number of nails driven in the fence gets lower every day:

<image no longer exists>

The boy discovers that it is easier to learn to control himself than to hammer nails in the fence.

At last, the day comes when the boy does not drive any nail in the garden fence.

Then he goes to his father and tells him that today he did not need to hammer any nail.

His father then tells the boy to take out one nail from the fence for every day he succeeds in controlling his temper and not loosing his patience.

Many days pass and finally the boy can tell his father that he took out all nails from the fence

The father brings his son in front of the fence and tells him:

"My son, you behaved well, but look how many holes you left in the fence"

It will never be the same.

When you have an argument with someone and tell him bad words, you leave him with wounds like these ones.

You can stab a man and then take the knife out, but you will always leave a wound.

It does not matter how many times you say sorry, the wound will stay.

A wound caused by words hurts just as bad as a physical wound.

So, BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE ANGRY...

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
avsjai

Happy morning CRK
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Please see the below link to see my today's special 'Picture Thought' post:
https://www.citehr.com/319741-specia...avss-desk.html
Regards
AVS

From India, Madras
TELIKEPALLI

THE PLAN OF THE LORD

Once there was a sweeper in a well known temple and he was very sincere and devoted. Every time he saw thousands of devotees coming to take darshan of the Lord, he thought that the Lord is standing all the time and giving darshan and He must be feeling very tired.

So one day very innocently he asked the Lord whether he can take the place of the Lord for a day so that the Lord can have some relief and rest. The Deity of Temple replied, "I do not mind taking a break. I will transform you like Myself, but you must do one thing. You must just stand here like Me, smile at everyone and just give benedictions. Do not interfere with anything and do not say anything. Remember you are the deity and you just have faith that I have a master plan for everything." The sweeper agreed to this.

The next day the sweeper took the position of the deity and a rich man came and prayed to the Lord. He offered a nice donation and prayed that his business should be prosperous. While going, the rich man inadvertently left his wallet full of money right there. Now the sweeper in the form of deity could not call him and so he decided to control himself and keep quiet.

Just then a poor man came and he put one coin in the Hundi and said that it was all he could afford and he prayed to the Lord that he should continue to be engaged in the Lord's service. He also said that his family was in dire need of some basic needs but he left it to the good hands of the Lord to give some solution. When he opened his eyes, he saw the wallet left by the rich man. The poor man thanked the Lord for His kindness and took the wallet very innocently. The sweeper in the form of the Deity could not say anything and he had to just keep smiling.

At that point a sailor walked in. He prayed for his safe journey as he was going on a long trip. Just then the rich man came with the police and said that somebody has stolen his wallet and seeing the sailor there, he asked the police to arrest him thinking that he might have taken it. Now the sweeper in the form of Deity wanted to say that the sailor is not the thief but he could not say so and he became greatly frustrated. The sailor looked at the Lord and asked why he, an innocent person, is being punished. The rich man looked at the Lord and thanked Him for finding the thief. The sweeper in the deity form could no more tolerate and he thought that even if the real Lord had been here, he would have definitely interfered and hence he started speaking and said that the sailor is not the thief but it was the poor man who took away the wallet. The rich man was very thankful as also the sailor.

In the night, the real Lord came and He asked the sweeper how the day was. The sweeper said, "I thought it would be easy, but now I know that Your days are not easy, but I did one good thing." Then he explained the whole episode to the Lord. The Lord became very upset on hearing this whereas the sweeper thought the Lord would appreciate him for the good deed done.

The Lord asked, "Why did you not just stick to the plan? You had no faith in Me. Do you think that I do not understand the hearts of all those who come here? All the donation which the rich man gave was all stolen money and it is only a fraction of what he really has and he wants Me to reciprocate unlimitedly. The single coin offered by the poor man was the last coin he was having and he gave it to Me out of faith. The sailor might not have done anything wrong, but if the sailor were to go in the ship that night he was about to die because of bad weather and instead if he is arrested he would be in the jail and he would have been saved form a greater calamity. The wallet should go to the poor man because he will use it in My service. I was going to reduce the rich man's karma also by doing this and save the sailor also. But you cancelled everything because you thought you know My plan and you made your own plans."
God has plans and justice for everyone....
We just have to have patience!!!!!

Regards,
TSK

From India, Hyderabad
beauty_babu@yahoo.co.in

Hi CRK,

Wonderful contributions. Now-a-days am becoming a fan for your posts. Loved your contributions. Please keep up the spirits and we hope to seek more and more number of threads from your end.

Will surely try posting what ever i can in your threads someday. Thanks once again.

Have a great day ahead.

- Babu

From India, Madras
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

CUTE PRAYER
I told GOD: Let all my friends be healthy and happy forever...!
GOD said: But for 4 days only....!
I said: Yes, let them be a Spring Day, Summer Day, Autumn Day, and Winter Day.
GOD said: 3 days..
I said: Yes, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
GOD said: No, 2 days!
I said: Yes, a Bright Day (Daytime) and Dark Day (Night-time).
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRylGulw1BwWyTjciVaSqNNcnOOuTJdm IIegGhTBw-gomGbRHwgNA[/img]
GOD said: No, just 1 day!
I said: Yes!
GOD asked: Which day?
I said: Every Day in the living years of all my friends!
GOD laughed, and said: You INDIANS know how to negotiate.
But since you are praying and asking happiness for your friends, I can't refuse.
I love everyone who thinks of others first, so don't you worry...
All your friends will be healthy and happy Every Day!
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.