No Tags Found!

nuvmca

Yes ur correct. this was happening in MNCs. But Experience is more than degree u have. Degree only additional qualification if u have good experience in the concerned field. There is no question about distance or regular. Have the candidate worthable or not. In my opinion; there is no difference between regular or distance. Subject knowledge is important.
From India, Hyderabad
srinivas nednurkar

Hi Joe
Yes..I truly agree with you even i am pursuing the MBA HR from Distance learning..Some act to be implemted on the companies hiring HR executives.
Even After having strong grip over the subjects company prefer for FULL time candidates..But the distance learning candidates have experience in real time ...So the distance learning guys are better than Full Time candidates..
What say Joe
Regards
Srinivas

From India, Hyderabad
saisharan

Mr. Joe,
Yes, I agree with your statement that MBA-HR thro DLP is not much recognised, when we search for a good organizaiton. I met with the same type of situation, where i was told that they recognise only those who hv done full time mba's. But one thing I would like to tell all is, they must understand that we are doing this course by DL amidst our tight schedule of looking after our official as well as personal commitments and that we come out with good academic and work expereince.
They must take into consideration, that we cannot quit our job and do this course by regular sitting. Infact they must appreciate that we are improving our knowledge amidst tight schedule.
Better luck Mr. Joe, for your future.
bye
nitya

From India, Madras
gauritomar

Dear All,
Its serious concern and job threat to people who have done dlp/pt courses in Human Rescources /Industrial Relations /Personnel Managment. But in PSU and Govt. Sector it is acceptable. Prviate Employers should consider it .
Regs,
Gauri Tomar

From India, Delhi
rreddygk

Dear Jeo, I am doing my MBA through this way and working in a staffing company.i am looking my next change to a reputed company for HR Generalist.Will it effect truly.....? Keshav Reddy.
From India, Bangalore
govans

It is true that background and experience should have much value than the mode of study. But what about the advertisements of big corproates that "MBA through DL/Part time need not apply". Unless you are given a chance to prove your capabilties in the interview, for which u are not called for, the rest remains a cliche.
Govans

From India, Madras
S Khalid
yes i am agree with you - but one thing that i wants to share with you as as HR person, why organizations prefers a full time MBA person, because when the person is full time in university he is more in to that education system and education line. more into discussions and debates, which make him more confident in his/her communication skills and self confident. and those who do it part time mostly involves in jobs in first time, so in their busy schedule they can't spare more time with different professional, teachers, professors and even students (the debate between students is also very fruit full for once learning, which limits them in a circle where the are doing job - it limits the universality of the concept of university - but the one who is in full time MBA, pass his/her most of the time in university and fully enjoy the life over their and learn in every minute S/he spends in the university. so all these positives of full time education bonds Professionals to hire the person who is full time in university......

John S.

Hi Joe I have done my 3 year part time.... and I too had faced the same problem. It is a given fact.....
From Kuwait
vaibhav.tal

Agree with Priyankha.
I too faced same situation but now managed to get job in reputated retail giant. I have overall 5 yrs experience in HR and pursuing MBA thru DLP. But its really proud to u all that before selection i defeated 9 regular MBAians in final selection.
In my opinion only experience should matter.

From India, Aurangabad
pragna.roy
Even my Friend is facing same problem.Now she is working as an operational executive.It should be discussed tactfully.Because day by day people are more interested in DLP.Bcoz in this case they can have the exp and in the same point of time they can carry on thier management study also.
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.