No Tags Found!

narenmt
Hi all,I am currently working in BPO as team leader. I got an offer letter to work for another company. As per appointment letter in current organization, I need to give 30 days notice period before resigning. The offer letter states that I should join within 19th August (15 days time period), how do I convince my new HR that I need more time as per legal formality, plz help
From India, Madras
neetu@softscribellc.com

It always happens!..When a company hires a person, they need him to join as soon as possible!..but in releiving an employee they strictly follow the notice period..why is it so..? I dont understand..
Anyway Naren, what you can do is :
1.Negotiate the notice period with your current employer by promising them that you can train another person instead of you.
or
2. Bridge the 15days with your PL (if you have any)
or
3. Discuss with your new company about the notice period and talk to them in a manner that it is your responsibility to adhere the notice period , so that it creates a positive image about you, so that they might be ready to extend another few days more.
or
4.Buy the notice period
"Best of luck"

From India, Kochi
Ash Mathew

Please inform your new employer that you maintain a good relationship with the current employer, and wish to be relieved only in the proper form.
EVery employer (incvlding the place I work) demand the people to join ASAP. But we do unerstand if the employee has to go through such notices. Its just a matter of heloing them understand - be polite, and do show the interest in joining them, but as a matter of responsibility you will have to do justice to your current employer.
Good Luck!

From India, Madras
narenmt
Thanks Neetu, Chum, Ash Mathew, Mahalaxmi 123, Nagi_hr and HR srinivisan..My new employer has agreed for 30-day notice period. I have some more queries, pls do help again.
I have lots of leave pending (SL, CL and PL), will the current employer encash those leaves or adjust with notice period?
Last year annual bonus(April 2008 to May 2009) (pending).
Thanks all again,

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Dear Naren,
That also varies from company to company. In my previous organization they had clearly mentioned to us during the induction period itself that the extra / unused leaves can only be encahsed on completion of a certain period of tenure, and - in case of resignation the leaves will not be adjusted to the notice period, thus reducing the period for notice.
However, this differs from company to company. So please check with your present employer.
And moreover the purpose of the notice period is to complete the task and hand it over to the next person with no flaws..So I believe it cannot be adjusted against your unused leave.

From India, Madras
Isaacking
I do understand your position but frankly I am sure that Hr from your new Employer had asked you regarding the Date of Joining & that indirectly mean how many day do you require as Notice Period.
So if you have told them that you need a Month to Join do remind your New Employer about the same.
If you have not had any such conversation then this is the rite time to inform them the standard rule of Notice in BPO is a Month which You need to Fulfill as you are man of Ethics.
Third thing will be that you told them that You need only 15 day to join then you need to request them to extend it for your resignation to be accepted.
Last thing will be to pay for 15 day to your present employer & Join the new one but that must be your last option as you said you are a TL I am hoping that you will be able to convince your new Employer to postponed the Joining Date.
Regards
Isaac

From India, Mumbai
harip

Different options:
1. Do not join a employer who is not willing to wait for you moreover to comply with the terms and conditions you had agreed upon with the present employer.
2. Negotiate with the present employer to condone on your notice period.
P. Hari

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.