No Tags Found!

sukanya_vish

Wishing all the members a very happy belated Dushera.
I was designing a new employee code structure in my org. Hence needed help
I went through few posts here, that did not quite solve my purpose.
We have a strength of about 100 employees, spread across to 6 locations in the country.
current system is std code followed by serial no, eg for delhi 11001,11002 and so on. oo1 for the oldest employee, 002 for the 2nd oldest and so on.
My qtn is:
a. is this an appropriate way.
b. what happens to a no: when the resp employee leaves the co.
c. If a co. has a strength of around 100 emp, then is the code supposed to be restricted to 100 only.
Members pls guide, so that I can frame a proper yet an easy system of employee code numbering.
Thanks in advance
Sukanya

From India, Gurgaon
Siddharth.Jindal

Hi
I think this is the right way to gv the employee codes. But empployee codes are not restricted to the total strenght of the company as on date. If for an example, the organisation has a strenght of 100 people as on today, their employee codes starts from 001 to 100. now if employee code 52 leaves the organisation today, and the management decided to hire a new person, then the new joiner wl hv a employee code 101. the employee code database is basically to maintain the employees record till the time organisation is active.
For any further queries, u can mail me at :

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.