Anonymous
Hi, I work in a Pune based BPO which works on rotational shifts. Recently, I applied for leave for Diwali to go to my hometown. Firstly, management denied my 7 days leave (2 days weekly off + 5 days leave) and approved 3 days leave +2 Weekly off. But now the management is saying that I should apply 5 days leave as they gonna cancel my 2 weekly offs and consider it as leave. The company policy states that I cannot take weekly offs if I am not working 3 days in a week. The same policy also states that mixture of CL and DLs can override this policy. So I said to the management that I need 2 CL and 1 DL and 2 weekly offs. The company is denying my request and forcing me to apply for 5 days CL. On top of that, the company asked me to work straight 9 days without any Weekly offs in between. 

Moreover, the company never gives any national or festive holidays, and when asked, the company said that the DLs (Discretionary Leave) are compensatory leaves for National and Festive holidays. Even though we work on national holidays, the company never pays double according to the labour law of Maharashtra. 

When I talk to HR about the same, HR says that it is the sole decision of the manager. 

What can I do in this case? 

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.