RamyachNdru
Dear all,

I am currently reviewing our notice period policy at my company. I would greatly appreciate your sharing the notice period policy followed at your respective organizations, particularly in the IT industry.

Your insights would be incredibly helpful as I aim to refine and improve our current policy.

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

What is the notice period as per the current policy? What is the notice period as mentioned in the appointment orders issued to existing employees? The same should be continued unless a notice u/s 9A of the Industrial Disputes Act is issued.

law does not recognise notice period for employees who do not have any supervisory or managerial roles. At the same time, the employer cannot terminate an employee without giving him a notice of at least one month. Though the notice required to terminate an employee of a factory where 100 or more workers are employed is three months, we may take it that for an establishment like IT the same will not apply. But one month notice from employer's side is a legal obligation. Coming to the notice from the employees, therefore, it should not be more than one month under any circumstance. As already pointed out, in respect of employees like techies who are covered by ID Act, no notice period will apply from their side. But even if take a defence that the techies are skilled persons who can understand the terms of contract of employment, and as such they had agreed to the condition relating to notice period at the time of joining, it shall not exceed one month, the notice that an employer is legally bound to give if he wants to retrench or otherwise terminate an employee.

In respect of managers who have managerial rights, certainly, you can have three months or even more notice period as you like.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.