No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I recently graduated and completed an internship during my 8th semester. During my time there, I was trained in various technologies and worked on several project tasks. After the internship, I was offered a full-time position with better compensation from another company. Due to a one-year service agreement clause in the job offer letter, which was not disclosed earlier, I decided to resign from the internship position after completing it, citing health reasons, that too because they had a clause in the internship offer letter that If i don't accept the full time offer letter in case if they offer me one, i am obligated to accept that or i should reimburse the company for training costs.

In my new job, I did not disclose my previous internship experience and presented myself as a fresher to avoid any potential complications related to the service agreement.

I’m now concerned about potential background verification issues and need the internship completion certificate. Could someone please advise on how I can obtain this certificate? I contacted the HR and they are not responding.

Madhu.T.K

What do you mean by internship? Was that carried out during the graduation as part of the curriculum of the University? If yes, you should get the internship letter because it is required for awarding you the degree. But if the 'internship' is after the completion of the course, then it will be deemed as an employment. Even if the appointment order contains some restrictive clauses the same is not going to change your status of employee. True, you should be a trainee but a trainee is equal to an employee by all means of labour law. If you have left the company without notice and handing over, the employer can initiate action including declaring you as an employee who has abandoned the job without informing. This may lead to serious consequences also.

But during this kind of internships, the employer is liable to give you all statutory benefits like EPF etc. If a PF account (Universal Account Number or UAN) is generated in respect of you, the background verification agency will ask about the service with that establishment. At the same time, if no UAN is generated, then chances of reaching to that establishment by a background verification agency is very very remote. Therefore, please check whether your salary was subjected to deduction of EPF, ESI etc.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.