No Tags Found!

Satya Vora
Please tell me a Suppose I M married but My EPF/ESIC/Gratuity My Nomination Only My Mother That is Legal or not as per EPF/ESIC/Gratuity Rules

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, After Marriage irrespective of nomination previously made Spouse will become the Legal Heir. Accordingly after Marriage Spouse/children / dependent Mother can claim for the statutory benefits and can share among themselves. If you refer PF Nomination Form -2 it clearly states that " Certified that I have no family as defined in Para 2(g) of the Employee's Provident Fund Scheme, 1952 and should I acquire a family hereafter, the above nomination should be deemed as cancelled."
From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

Under EPF, even though we can nominate father or mother to receive PF accumulations, under the Pension Fund, the nomination is restricted to spouse and children. It is in the case of a member who does not have a family, that separate declaration that once he acquires family, fresh nomination shall be made is given. It establishes that nominee means spouse and not mother or father. Soon after marriage of an employee, we collect fresh nomination to avoid complications in future. Form F (nomination under Payment of Gratuity Act) is also collected to make the spouse eligible to get the benefits. 2(h) of the payment of Gratuity Act also provides that spouse and children are the nominees though dependent parents shall be nominated. Under ESI also, the situation is not different. Therefore, immediately after marriage, it is good that the HR collect fresh nominations so as to avoid confusions in future.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.