No Tags Found!

venkatk4
Hi ALL,
I have joined a company in the year 2011 after 2 months i have left the company without informing, the company has started sending me letters like termination and outstanding due,now they had sent me a mail to pay 50 thousand rupees in 7 days or else they will send a legal notice, please let me know what should i do now as i cant pay that huge amount at once.
The offers letter states the below policy for notice period:
Notice for Termination:
The written notice required for termination of employment will be 2 months notice by either party.
You would be required to serve the stipulated notice period and early release would be at the sole
discretion of the Management. In case you leave your employment without giving requisite notice, no
relieving letter will be issued and settlement of dues will be at the sole discretion of the Management.
However, under XYZ Company India's disciplinary procedure your services can be terminated without any
notice period.
Please

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello venkatk4,
You won't like this--but this situation is SOLELY YOUR creation.
You should have thought about the fact that you "cant pay that huge amount at once" BEFORE you absconded.
Did you expect that the company would just ignore what you did & you can take them for a ride--as per your whim & fancy?
The only option you have right now is to talk to the HR & resolve the issue. If you are in a position to serve the Notice Period, suggest you do it & get relieved properly & then join a new job.
And also, learn from this experience--that not everyone will take your actions in the same way--which MAY have been the reason why you took this clause/aspect of the Offer Letter so lightly.
And you can also use the 'reSearch' facility @ the top of this page to refer to other similar threads.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.