No Tags Found!

jamesbond0107
I absconded from an IT company 3 years due to the degradation that they were doing because of the degree that i was holding.
now i am about to complete my master degree and get into industry.
i dont have any problem from the company side. Now i have hidden this details and got placed in a company , but i have had a PF account before and an UAN number which i believe was linked to my PAN/AADHAR card.
i am ok to leave my old pf account as it is. Now my question is :
1. is it ok if i just hide my UAN/PF number? or will i have any problem in future if employer tries to create a new UAN id?
2. if i find my UAN number from EPFO office and give it to my current employer will they be able to find my past PF details? possible to find the company that i used to work for?

From India, Bengaluru
ashakantasharma
Hiding or not disclosing your UAN (Universal Account Number) and PF details can lead to complications in the future, especially when changing jobs or managing your retirement benefits. Here’s a breakdown of your concerns:

1. **Hiding UAN/PF Number**:
- It's not advisable to hide your UAN or PF number. The UAN is a unique identifier issued by EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organisation) and is linked to your PAN and Aadhaar. If you hide your UAN or PF number and your new employer tries to create a new UAN for you, it could lead to issues.
- EPFO maintains records centrally, and duplicating UANs or attempting to hide previous employment details may cause discrepancies in your PF contributions and benefits accumulation.

2. **Future Employer and UAN**:
- When you join a new employer, they will typically ask for your UAN to link your new PF account with the existing UAN. If you provide your UAN, they can access your past PF details, including the company you worked for and the contributions made.
- EPFO's records are accessible to your employer when they verify your UAN. They can see your past employment details, contributions, and the organizations you were associated with.

3. **EPFO Office and UAN Retrieval**:
- If you've forgotten your UAN or need to retrieve it, you can visit the EPFO website or contact their office. They provide options to retrieve or activate your UAN using your PAN, Aadhaar, or mobile number.
- Once you have your UAN, you should provide it to your current employer for seamless integration of your PF account. They will then link your current employment with your existing UAN.

4. **Legal and Ethical Considerations**:
- It's essential to be transparent with your employers about your previous employment details, including your UAN and PF account. Hiding or providing incorrect information can lead to legal issues and affect your PF benefits in the long run.
- Employers are required to contribute to your PF account and maintain accurate records as per EPFO guidelines. Any discrepancies or attempts to hide information may violate company policies and legal regulations.

In conclusion, it's in your best interest to retrieve your UAN from EPFO, provide it to your current employer, and ensure all your past employment details are correctly linked. Being transparent and honest about your employment history and PF details will help you avoid future complications and ensure you receive your entitled PF benefits.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.