No Tags Found!

sunil-kumar-vasudevan
Dear HR,

I have quit the company with proper resignation after 6 years of service, meeting notice period with F&F of gratuity and all perks.

I joined a new company, I had severe health issues due to extensive travel. it is almost 80days started in the new company. My previous company called me back to rejoin with some relaxation.

Due to health issues I want to leave my new company and go back to the previous company, in my OLD company can I ask for CONTINUITY OF SERVICE, I can pay back the gratuity what ever I got.

Can you please suggest is it allowed.

Best Regards

VASUDEVAN

From United States
Madhu.T.K

It depends on the circumstances. The old company can treat the days as leave without pay days and allow you to continue with the same service conditions or it can ask you to have a new employee regsitration. You can request them by offering to pay back the terminal benefits that you have received. Normally, the companies will not accept such an offer because of various reasons, like an amount paid or cost incurred, like gratuity can not be written back, mainly because the cheque for payment of gratuity might be issued by the LIC or by the Trust formed for Gratuity, and it will not be possible to write it back, and even it is possible, so many correspondence would be required etc etc.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.