No Tags Found!

chahana-kothandapani
I got a job as a clerk in one PSB and another job as a PO from another PSB. I was unemployed while giving interviews for both. I was called for the clerk first. Also, the other PSB was uncertain about their decision to call candidates. So I took the job as a clerk. After joining, I was not satisfied, so I gave resignation after 4 to 5 days. My resignation was processed after 14 days, that is, my notice period was over. But then I rendered my resignation, and it is in process now.
My question is what other documents should I receive while getting the relieving letter?
I am certain I will be called from other PSB for PO in the near future. So should I mention this short stint as my experience. If so, what documents will I be in need to submit there ? If not, will they find out ?

From India
ashakantasharma

When resigning from a Public Sector Bank (PSB), you should typically receive the following documents:

1. **Relieving Letter**: This document officially acknowledges your resignation and indicates that you have been relieved from your duties as per your notice period.

2. **Experience Certificate**: This certificate outlines your tenure of employment, position held, and any other relevant details about your employment with the PSB.

3. **Final Settlement**: This includes details of your final salary payment, any dues (like salary for the notice period), and deductions.

4. **No Dues Certificate**: This certifies that you have no pending dues or liabilities with the PSB.

5. **PF Withdrawal/Transfer Form**: If applicable, you may need to fill out forms for withdrawing or transferring your Provident Fund (PF) account.

Regarding your experience and future employment:

- **Mentioning Short Stint**: It’s generally advisable to disclose your employment history accurately, including your short stint as a clerk in the PSB. Being upfront about your experience is important for transparency.

- **Documents for Future Employment**: When applying for another job (like the PO position in another PSB), you will likely need to submit:
- **Experience Certificate**: This document will be crucial to verify your employment history.
- **Relieving Letter**: It confirms that you left your previous job in good standing.
- **No Dues Certificate**: Ensures there are no outstanding liabilities.
- **Appointment Letter and Joining Report**: These might be required by the new employer to validate your employment dates and terms.

- **Potential Disclosure**: Even if you choose not to mention the short stint as a clerk, there’s a chance the new employer might find out through background checks or if they explicitly ask for all employment details. It’s typically better to disclose rather than risk being perceived as withholding information.

In summary, ensure you collect all necessary documents like the relieving letter, experience certificate, and no dues certificate from your current PSB employer. These will be important for your future job applications and to ensure a smooth transition to your next role.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.