View Poll Results: I LIKE THIS THREAD........
YES 240 96.77%
NO 9 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

TELIKEPALLI

An old man lived alone in a village. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation.

Dear Son, I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden, because your mother always loved planting time. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren't in prison . Love, Dad

Shortly, the old man received this Telegram -

"For Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden. That's where I buried the GUNS" at 4a.m.

The next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad. It's the best I could do for you from here ."

[Moral of the Story -

No matter where you are in the world, if you have decided to do something deep from you heart, you can do it

From India, Hyderabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

BE CLEAR...... MAKE IT CLEAR

A king sent a message to the ruler of a neighboring country.

The message read: "Send me a blue diamond as large as a pigeon's egg or else..."

The king of the neighboring country on getting the message wrote back:

"We don't have such a diamond and if we had..."

The first king got very angry and declared war on his neighbor. The fighting went on for several months till a third king arranged a meeting between the two warring rulers.

So they met and the king of the neighboring country said to the other: "What did you mean when you said, 'Send me a blue diamond as large as a pigeon's egg or else...'?"

"Why," he replied, "I meant a blue diamond as large as a pigeon's egg or else... some other diamond. I love diamonds. But what did you mean when you said, 'We don't have such a diamond and if we had-'?"

"It is easy to guess my meaning," said the other man. "What I wanted to say was, if we had such a diamond we would have gladly sent it to you."

The Kings pledged to write more clearly in future communications and embraced and made peace.

From India, Vijayawada
TELIKEPALLI

HI CRK, Wonderful sotry............one should be more clear while passing message, else the same thing may happen like in above story................ Good one ..........Keep sharing. Regards, TSK
From India, Hyderabad
TELIKEPALLI

The Fox Without Tail
A fox was once caught in a trap. It was only after a tough struggle that she could get free. But, to her sorrow, her beautiful tail had been cut off and left in the trap.
"How ugly I shall look!" moaned the fox, " won't the other foxes laugh at me ?"
Thinking hard, the fox hit upon a plan to save herself from being laughed at. She called a meeting of his friends and said, "Brothers! have you ever wondered why after all, we carry these long tails?" Let us cut them off and be free from their nuisance."
But the other foxes had noticed her cut-off tail. They laughed aloud and replied, "You used to say that tails looked very fine when your own was all right. Now that you have lost yours, you want us to lose ours too."
MORAL : Dirty tricks seldom work.
Regards,
TSK

From India, Hyderabad
chandu4mba
Really Really, nice stories!!!!!!!! I have read all of them, there are so many take away points are there from this forum. Thanks for posting friends!!!!!!
From India, Hyderabad
TELIKEPALLI

The Jackal Strategy

Once a jackal lived in a forest. One day, he found the body of an elephant and was happy that he would have food for many days. However, he was not able to bite into the thick hide of the elephant and was circling around the body when a lion came that way. The jackal humbly prostrated before the lion and said, “My lord, I am your obedient servant. At your command, I am keeping a vigil on the body of the elephant. Please help yourself.”

The lion said, “You know my friend, I do not eat something others have killed. You may take it as my gift to you.” And the lion left the place.

After the lion had left, a tiger came on the scene. The jackal thought, “ I got rid of one menace through humility. How do I escape this fellow? He will not yield to any strategy I know. The only way of keeping him at bay is cunning. Let me try it.”

The jackal then went half way to greet the tiger and said, “O uncle, why are you entering this area of death? The lion has killed this elephant and asked me to keep watch on it. He has gone to take bath. Before going, he told me to inform him if any tiger happened to come here. He vowed to kill all the tigers because long time ago a tiger had nibbled at an elephant he had killed. He told me that from that day he had sworn to kill all tigers.”

These words frightened the tiger. He told the jackal, “Son, save my life. When the lion comes, don’t tell him I had come this way. Please.”

On receiving an assurance from the jackal, the tiger hurriedly left the scene. Then came a leopard.

The Jackal thought, “This fellow has strong and sharp teeth. I will persuade him to pierce the hide of the Elephant”. Addressing the leopard, the jackal said, “My son, you have come this way after a long time. You seem to be hungry. Why don’t you be my guest? See this body of the elephant killed by the lion. He has asked me to keep an eye on the body. So, have a feast before he returns.”

The leopard said, “ Uncle, how can I accept your invitation. If I want to live long I should not touch this elephant. I will leave now.”

The jackal assured him, “Don’t worry, you go ahead. I will alert you when the lion comes.”

The leopard then began attacking the elephant and when he tore the hide, the jackal cried, “ Run. The lion is coming.” In this way, the jackal managed to get rid of the leopard also.

When the jackal began feasting on the elephant flesh, another jackal came that way. He was very angry and looked very strong. The first jackal remembered the last line of the stanza “crush equals with power” and attacked the trespasser with great ferocity and killed him.

Regards,

TSK

From India, Hyderabad
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

This Short Story The Selfish Crows is quite interesting to all the people. Enjoy reading this story.

Once upon a time, there was a very big forest. There on a huge banyan tree lived many crows. They were selfish and arrogant. They always quarreled with other birds. This behavior irritated other birds. They had no friends, as no one liked them.

When the rainy season came, dark clouds gathered in the sky. A small mynah was returning to her nest. When she was passing by the banyan tree, it started raining. “I will stay here for a while until it stops raining,” thought the little mynah. And I took rest on the banyan tree for a while.

The selfish crows saw her perching on the tree. One of them shouted, “Get off the tree. This tree belongs to us.” The mynah humbly pleaded, “The weather is bad and my nest is far off from this forest. Please let me take a rest for a while on this tree, brother. As soon as it stops raining, I will return to my nest.”

“Leave this banyan tree at once. Or we will peck you,” said the other crows. The merciless tendency of the selfish crows scared the mynah. The mynah found no other way except to fly off. Then immediately the mynah flew off to a nearby tree, where luckily she found a hollow in a broken branch. She took her shelter there.

Shortly after, the rain became heavy followed by thunderstorm. The wind was in high speed. Even the leaves and branches were not enough to give shelter to the crows. Many of the branches of many tree in which the crows had taken shelter were damaged and hurt by the hailstones. But the mynah was safe inside the hollow place in the tree.

One of the crows said, “Look at the mynah! How comfortable she is. Let us go there.” Another crow said, “I do not think she will let us share the hollow. We did not have sympathy for her when she was in need of this tree.” Then another crow said, “We should not have been so rude. We forgot that we may need help someday.”

Suddenly the mynah called out, “Come! My friends! Come to this hollow. Or you will get hurt. The rain is not going to stop soon. It seems that it may rain for a long time”

The crows flew down to the hollow. They thanked the mynah. “We are sorry for having unkind, dear friend! Now we will never be so selfish.”

Then the crows took shelter in the hollow place of the tree in which the mynah had taken her shelter. After some time, it stopped raining. All the birds flew to their respective nests happily as new friends.

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Million Dollar Lesson

by: Petey Parker, Heart At Work

A cab driver taught me a million dollar lesson in customer satisfaction and expectation. Motivational speakers charge thousands of dollars to impart his kind of training to corporate executives and staff. It cost me a $12 taxi ride.

I had flown into Dallas for the sole purpose of calling on a client. Time was of the essence and my plan included a quick turnaround trip from and back to the airport. A spotless cab pulled up. The driver rushed to open the passenger door for me and made sure I was comfortably seated before he closed the door. As he got in the driver's seat, he mentioned that the neatly folded Wall Street Journal next to me was for my use. He then showed me several tapes and asked me what type of music I would enjoy. Well! I looked around for a "Candid Camera!" Wouldn't you? I could not believe the service I was receiving! I took the opportunity to say, "Obviously you take great pride in your work. You must have a story to tell."

"You bet," he replied, "I used to be in Corporate America. But I got tired of thinking my best would never be good enough. I decided to find my niche in life where I could feel proud of being the best I could be. I knew I would never be a rocket scientist, but I love driving cars, being of service and feeling like I have done a full day's work and done it well. I evaluate my personal assets and... wham! I became a cab driver. One thing I know for sure, to be good in my business I could simply just meet the expectations of my passengers. But, to be GREAT in my business, I have to EXCEED the customer's expectations! I like both the sound and the return of being 'great' better than just getting by on 'average'"

Did I tip him big time? You bet! Corporate America's loss is the travelling folk's friend!

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Vijay and Raju were friends. On a holiday they went into a forest. They were enjoying the beauty of nature. Suddenly they saw a bear coming at them. They were frightened.
Raju who knew climbing trees ran up to a tree and climbed up quickly. He did not think of Vijay. Vijay did not know tree climbing.
Vijay thought for a second. He had heard animals do not prefer dead bodies. He fell to the ground and held his breath. The bear sniffed him and thought he was dead. So, he went away.
Raju asked Vijay," What did the bear whisper into your ears?”
Vijay replied, "The bear asked me to keep away from Selfish people" and went on his way.

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his Customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you."
The barber puts a five rupee coin in one hand and two one rupee coins (1+1=2) in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?"
The boy takes the two one rupee coins and leaves.
"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"
Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store.
"Hey, son! May I ask you a question?. Why did you take two one rupee coins instead of five rupee coin?"
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkGfnHhh7jslWq_CSZAm6QWlmSsVgn7 QWj53nXxyEyBPDR-x5tGA[/img]
The boy licked his cone and replied,
" Because THE DAY I TAKE THE FIVE RUPEE COIN, THE GAME IS OVER ". :
Moral: When you think the other person is dumb, you are making a fool of yourself.

From India, Vijayawada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.