No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Is it fine if Husband & Wife work in the same organisation for a good relationship?
YES 9 52.94%
NO 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

garments
There should not be any ill feelings between wife & husband Understanding with each other is important Husband should understand the mentality of his wife
From India, Visakhapatnam
amarendrancv@gmail.com
I feel that to bring about a permanent solution to the problem should call both of them and state that as their relationship is creating an issue in the organisation there will be only one of them who can stay. The moment this is told invariably the message would be given and the issue could get resolved. If however if it continues one of them should move out.
Regards
Amarendran

From India, New Delhi
vkokamthankar

I have gone thru entire thread giving facts about case and different opinions given by members.

Case is about husband and wife working in a same organization. Husband overheard some bad gossip about his wife, became suspicious and possessive. He wants his wife not to talk and mix with male colleagues, which has strained the relations between husband and wife. HR has talked to both of them and HR is seeking opinions on what should be done to come out of this situation.

Based on above facts, I have following opinion and suggestions:

• Management and HR have very limited role to play in this case. Employer has to forget that, they are husband and wife and treat them like two individual employees and should expect normal behavior and performance from both of them and same should be conveyed to them. Their status of married couple working in same office should no way hinder organization and their individual performance; in case it is creating any sort of problem then both should be counseled and warned to improve it.

• If in case any bad mouthing / gossip are abetted in office then, management should take strict action against those responsible for it. Concerned employee (husband or wife) should also come forward and lodge formal complaint with management, so that proper investigation and action is facilitated.

• Husbands’ expectation that wife should not speak and mix with male colleagues is childish, foolish and from Stone Age mentality. He should not have married a working woman if he has such mindset. Management should not support such a request from husband since it is very difficult to work and perform in group environment without talking and communicating.

• There is no question of management sacking either husband or wife in this case. This extreme step can be considered only in case their performance has stooped very low. In that case also sacking will be done only after giving enough time to improve and after taking intermediate steps like oral warning, written warning, counseling, other punishments, transfer etc.

• Management should also not think of transfer, since same problem can occur in any department. In case employee requests for transfer, such request can be considered on merits and subject to availability of suitable vacancy in other dept. Employees request for transfer is due to harassment in particular department, then first step is to take action against harassment.

• Every employee has to understand that, they have to work and perform in a given environment and they can not be insulated from boss, colleagues, subordinates, clients and customers coming from different backgrounds and having different mental setup and intentions.

• I feel management and HR are unnecessarily involved in a personal matter and are getting carried away. Same is the case with most citehr members.

Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
Dada37

Dear Kamal, Are you from HR ? I have some doubt.......... I think this is an imagine story created by you like another non hr like question about short skirt ...... Dada
From India, New Delhi
satyavan
Dear Kamal,
You have appreciated both employees. There may be some jealous type of
colleague spreading rift between the two , thereby creating ground for harm to all
including organisation. Try to find out, if that is true , take strict , visible and deterrent action against that employee spreading hatred between the colleagues.
Regards.
Satyavan.

From India, Delhi
hr_pr
i dont agree with suggesttions by mohan rao ..
why cant hr terminate the wife...
ultimately who so ever is terminated but the financial burden has to be beared by the family:
hr is not "god"
its not correct to terminate some one ..afterall..its his pride..n positively inm todays world everyone knows how people are rather "fond of " having an ex-mqarital affairs
so stir these things out
regards

From India, Ahmadabad
vkokamthankar

Why terminate husband or wife? on what grounds? what is their fault? are they not performing? have they commited any misconduct? have they caused any losses or embaracement to company?
If at all answer to any of the above question is yes then, is termination a right punishment? is it not too much of punishment?
answer these question !!! think !!!

From India, Pune
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear kamal_amrohi
In spite of such tremendous response, since no solution has come up so far that satisfies you, it appears that you already have some line of action up your sleeve.
Under the circumstances, however, I would suggest that as a 'competent' HR person, you should not interfere in the personal lives and personal relationship of employees.
After all you do not have any written complaints or any evidence, and whatever has emerged is hearsay and imagination of concerned persons including you yourself.
Organizations (including 'over-enthusiastic HR's) should allow employees to lead their own life and not intrude upon their privacy, in this case the relationship between the couples; especially when there has been no reported loss in productivity; rather than finding totally 'fictitious' excuses to fire any employee.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
aroragaurav
Dear Kamal
SHOW this 8 pages comments of CITEHR to both husband & wife, get them emotional on thier attitude and topic. Feel them that they may have loose their jobs in any other organisation in such cases.

Even though your company is serious about solving the problem..aks them to change their attitude and behaviour.
Regards,
gaurav

From India, Kota
aroragaurav
Dear PSDhingra I feel your information may be right. and if it is like that, the faith of this site and people who think and than give replies may heart. thanks for informing us..
From India, Kota
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.