View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

sangeeta_suri1974

Hi Seema
Firstly, I want to mention you that I am not an HR person but have interest in HRM. I am working as a Project Secretary and working with Expatriate Team.
1. As per my knowledge they are getting double of their salaries what they were getting in UK (UK value).
2. Income Tax in India is paid by the Indian company on their behalf
3. They are provided with fully furnished house in posh location of Delhi, Full time driver with Saloon Car, Gardner, 24 hour cook and one maid.
4. They are entitled to travel with family once in every three month and that too in business class if travel journery from home to home is more than 9 hours.
5. In mobilization and demobilization, expenses in shifting of their household goods (like clothings, kitchenry items etc.) to be born by the company.
I think on the above mentioned five points, I have covered answers of your both questions.
Regards
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
seema singh
Answer for Expat Compensation Design

Expanding global operation in more than one country requires a need to design cost effective, attractive and flexible system of global compensation. While Corporate HQ generally want to use a global compensation approach, separate operating units want increasing autonomy.

The complex issue of making choices in designing a good compensation plan has to be dealt in with careful considerations about specific needs and business strategy of the organization. An HR manager would have to first understand the following:

• Economic reality (rate of inflation, cost of living etc. )

• Business environment

• Strategic environment

• Tax and legal issues

• Cultural issues

• Timing and Value of the compensation design process

• Perception of employees about the compensation package

Over all we can say that 3 options are available to a Global employer.

• Support local practices where essential issue is to obtain buy-in of local operations.

• Commonality of compensation plans among different units: can be called as Blanket approach.

• Balancing commonality and locality

Many US firms use Balance – Sheet Approach. This is designed to provide equivalent buying power overseas so that expats can maintain their lifestyles. Some companies use Home-country –based balance sheet, where international assignees are linked to their respective home countries.

Splitting pay between the home and host currencies allow employees to take care of financial obligations at home and make purchases locally.

Some international organizations believe its necessary to offer stock options globally to maintain consistent policies. Other experts believe that compensation practices should differ from country to country. Some firms are emphasizing Assignment-based-allowances (this includes danger pay, Foreign services premiums –FSP, mobility premiums, and relocation allowances) and\d others are reducing incentives to promote equity compensation.

Hence, there are no one-size-fits-all solutions for designing global pay structures. Employers need programs tailored to fit their particular needs.

Experts advise to examine policies on a country to country basis.

Sangeeta has talked about the benefits part of the pay system. Since her answer was close to what I asked and since no one else has answered, should a chance be given to her for posting next question?Regards

Seema

From India, Lucknow
lavanya_april

Hi People, I guess i missed a lot. Waiting to eagerly participate n the next question. Regards, Lavanya.
From India, Madras
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi
Thanks for announcing me winner.
I am looking for change so passing through the phase of interviews. My question is based on the current scenario of interviews. I am posting this question for others to learn and those who believe that they are doing good during interviews but still get rejected.
What is physchometric test and what should be the reply to make the HR personal satisfied?
If anyone can highlight on the standard questions asked with the appropriate answer alongwith the above question would be more advantegeous.
Regards
Sangeeta Suri

From India, New Delhi
lavanya_april

Hi Sangeetha,

Find below some info on the topic.

Psychometric tests

These tests aim to measure attributes like intelligence, aptitude and personality, providing a potential employer with an insight into how well the applicant work with other people, how well he/she handle stress, and whether he/she will be able to cope with the intellectual demands of the job.

Types:

1. Ability Tests – Measure the ability to perform or carry out different tasks.

2. Personality Questionnaires - Measure his/her way of doing things, and specifically the way he/she interact with his/her environment and other people.

Aptitude Tests

Aptitude and ability tests are designed to assess his/her logical reasoning or thinking performance. They consist of multiple choice questions and are administered under exam conditions. They are strictly timed and a typical test might allow 30 minutes for 30 or so questions.

Verbal Ability - These include questions which test his/her ability to spell words correctly, use correct grammar, understand analogies and follow detailed written instructions.

Numeric Ability - These include questions on basic arithmetic, number sequences and simple mathematics. In more complex numerical critical reasoning questions, blocks of information are provided that require interpretation.

Abstract Reasoning - These tests are usually based on diagrams and measure his/her ability to identify the underlying logic of a pattern and then determine the solution.

Spatial Reasoning - These tests measure his/her ability to manipulate shapes in two dimensions or to visualize three-dimensional objects presented as two-dimensional pictures.

Mechanical Reasoning - These tests are designed to assess his/her knowledge of physical and mechanical principles.

Aptitude tests produce raw scores which are compared to a benchmark which may be either average scores for a particular norm group or which may be a specific criterion of performance. In other words, his/her score may indicate that certain ability is better than say 70% of graduates, or is at a level which shows sufficient competence to carry out certain tasks required by the job.

Aptitude tests are designed so that very few people will be able to complete all of the questions, and the problems usually become more complex as the test progresses.

Personality Questionnaires

The principle behind personality questionnaires is that it is possible to quantify his/her personality by asking he/she about his/her feelings, thoughts and behavior. He/she will be presented with statements describing various ways of feeling or acting and asked to answer each one on a scale. For example;

1. I enjoy taking risks?

A) True B) False

2. I like to be the center of attention?

A) Strongly disagree B) disagree C) neutral D) agree E) strongly agree

The number of questions he/she are expected to answer varies from about 50 to 500 depending on the particular questionnaire used by the employer.

Personality has a significant role to play in providing answers to questions the employer may have regarding his/her enthusiasm and motivation as well as providing an insight into whether he/she are going to fit in, in terms of his/her personality, attitude and general work style.

http://www.psychometric-success.com/faq/faq-what-are-psychometric-tests.htm (CHECK THIS SITE FOR MODEL QUESTIONS AND MORE INFO.)

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Guys, Good going. Sangeetha next time try to ask the question which should have a precise answer. The question is which you asked is more descriptive and varies according to the individuals. Preet
From India, Bangalore
seema singh
Hi all,
I want to add to what lavanya has said in the above post.
First point is this -Psychometric tests have an advantage over Interview and CV in the sense that they are not subjective and are designed and executed in a standardized way. Many employees who undergo selection processes feel that the interview as a selection tool is inherently not objective as a verbal ability test or a personality test. interviewee might be having some personal biases or in inexperienced etc.
Secondly, Pshychometric tests are two types:
1. measuring maximum performance i.e., how well you do
2. measuring typical performance i.e., what you do in day-to-day situation (typcially).
The first kind is applied in most of the ability tests, while the second kind in personality tests.
Third and the last point is that psychometric tests are RELIABLE (giving consistent results over time) and VALID (measure what they are designed to measure). Validity is more fundamental aspect.
thanks
seema

From India, Lucknow
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi Preet
This is discussion forum so I believe precise or lengthy constraint should not be there. Motive shouod be gain knowledge.
Lavanya and Seema
Both of you tried well.
If anyone can attach a sheet of personality test would be more advantageous, any company or any industry, used for Managers. I am also trying to search and if I'll get it, will post.
Is there anyone who wants to answer. If not, as per my observation Lavanya would be the next to post question because she has not even briefed the answer but also provided examples.
My name is Sangeeta not Sangeetha. Please make it correct.
Regards
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
raajz_johnny

Dear Sangeeta

Greetings!

Psychometric tests are assessment techniques designed to measure a range of human characteristics including intellectual ability/aptitude, personality, motivation, interests and values. Of these, only tests of ability, and to a lesser extent, personality, are likely to feature in graduate selection.

Psychometric tests are structured, written or computer-based exercises. They should have been carefully designed to measure whether you have the specific abilities or personal qualities in relation to the job specification. Your score (or profile) is compared with the scores of previous, successful applicants and/or successful employees, to predict your potential for performing effectively in the job.

Psychometric tests may be used as an initial filter, to determine whether you will proceed to the next stage of selection (usually an interview). In this case, there is a fixed cut-off score (pass/fail). Alternatively, psychometric tests may be used at the final stage of selection, as part of an assessment centre. In this case, the tests may not carry any more weight than the other elements of the selection procedure.

Books:

The following books are useful guides - those marked with * are available on reference at CaSE, those marked with ◊ have been ordered and will be available soon:

*Practice Psychometric Tests - How To Books Ltd.

*All About Psychological Tests and Assessment Centres Management books 2000

*How to Pass Numerical Reasoning Tests

*How to Pass Professional Level Psychometric Tests

*How to Pass the Civil Service Qualifying Tests

*How to Pass Graduate Psychometric Tests

◊ The Graduate Psychometric Test Workbook Kogan Page

◊ How to Master Psychometric Tests Kogan Page

◊ How to Pass Professional Level Psychometric Tests: Over 500 Practice Questions Kogan Page

◊ Passing Psychometric Tests How To Books Ltd.

Types:

Ability (Aptitude) Tests

These measure your logical reasoning ability.

There are a number of different reasoning abilities, but the ones most commonly assessed in graduate selection are:

Verbal reasoning

Numerical reasoning

Diagrammatic reasoning

Ability tests are strictly timed and taken under examination conditions. They are usually multiple-choice, and there is always a right answer.

These tests are usually designed to be too long for most people to complete in the time allocated: don`t worry if you don`t finish, it is the number of correct answers which counts.

The tests are meant to be challenging, but will not depend on you having prior knowledge of the job.

Before each test begins, you will have the opportunity to work through some examples which will not be marked, but will help you understand the nature of the test questions.

Personality Questionnaires (Inventories)

These are self-report questionnaires which explore the way you tend to react to, or deal with, different situations.

Unlike ability tests, there are no right or wrong answers, and questionnaires are not strictly timed. A personality profile is usually compiled from your answers, but there is no one right profile: selectors will be looking for a good fit for the particular job and organisational culture.

The best way to tackle these questionnaires is to answer them as straightforwardly as you can: record your immediate response and don't agonise at length over your choice of answer. Trying to guess what a specific employer is looking for may well be counter-productive.

After all, you do not want to be recruited into a job which doesn't suit you.

Tips on How to Prepare

* Improve your verbal reasoning skills by regularly playing word games such as scrabble, crosswords, anagrams etc. and reading complex literature eg instruction manuals, textbooks, quality newspapers.

* Brush up on your basic maths: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages are commonly required. Most jobs do not require mathematical genius, but the selectors will be looking for numerical reasoning ability, ie, the ability to extract information from charts, tables and graphs. This ability is not reliant on having studied a numerate degree.

* If English is not your first language, or you are dyslexic, or you have some disability which necessitates special provision, let the selectors know well in advance so that appropriate adjustments or adaptations can be made to suit your needs and ensure equality of opportunity.

* Pay careful attention to instructions, and ask for clarification if you don`t understand them.

Rgds,

John N

From India, Madras
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi
I am finding diffculty in opening this site or even sometime breakoff while replying. Are you also facing the same problem.
Now come to the point.
John thanx for sharing your knowledge. You are bit late. I have already advised Lavanya to float next question.
Lavanaya / Seema
What is your suggestin, should the next chance to be given John. If yes, John you may go ahead.
Regards
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.