raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear all,
I am back, after a long break (extremely very sorry for long break).I was very happy to see our contribution in our forum lot of new senior members/new topics, hot discussions. I especially thanks to our participation. Viewers please drop your words/commands it will help to add more participation to our forum.
TO ALL HANDS:
Please share your expertise with us SPECIALLY SENIORS its help to our EHS members & fresher’s
Dear KVS,
Really you are best!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for all ….. Keep on sharing. . .
Dear dipil,
You done a great job on our forum great effort from your side . . . keep on sharing buddy. . .
Dear Srinivasa rao (Kundu),
Thanks a lot for your continuous postings . . . keep on sharing. . .
Dear TG Penney,
Always you’re best Mr. Penney Keep on sharing . . .
Dear all,
I will start my contribution with Forklift videos. Please see the attached . . . keep on sharing. . .

From United States, Fpo
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Drink Driving Forklift smashes massive vodka stock_x264.zip (3.58 MB, 345 views)

tgpenney@gmail.com

Fork lift batteries vehicle batteries they all have the potential to go boom

Battery Safety

• Never test or charge batteries without wearing wraparound safety glasses and protecting your skin from battery acid. Battery acid is extremely caustic. It can burn you and blind you.

• Always keep a first aid kit and eye wash solution handy at all times. If eye wash solution is not available, flush any battery acid that enters the eye(s) with clean water. Do so immediately! Seconds are precious.

• Never smoke near a battery. Batteries give off explosive gasses, especially when charging.

• Turn off a battery charger before disconnecting the charger clamps from the battery posts. If the charger is still on when you remove the clamps, you may create a spark that ignites the battery gases.

• Never pound on a battery. It is a battery, not an anvil.

• Do not add electrolyte to a battery after it is in service. If the acid level in a removable cap battery is low, add only distilled water. Do not overfill the cells.

• Properly dispose of batteries and battery acid. Batteries are among the most recycled of all products. Battery contents and acid pose significant health hazards and are environmentally harmful. They must be disposed of according to federal, state, and local regulations. Failure to do so is illegal, dangerous, and just plain stupid.

First Aid Tips:

• Check your eye wash station and first aid kit before you need them.

• Make sure your first aid supplies and eyewash are fresh and ready to go in an instant.

• If eye wash solution is not available, flush any battery acid that enters the eye(s) with clean water. Do so immediately! Seconds are precious.

Visual Inspections

Perform a thorough preliminary inspection of your battery.

Check for:

• Loose/corroded battery terminals. Replace temporary terminal ends with permanent cable ends.

• Replace batteries that have loose posts.

• Replace broken or damaged cables.

• Replace batteries with severely bloated, cracked, or leaking cases.

• Plan on replacing frozen batteries. Few frozen batteries survive.

• Replace missing battery caps.

• Add distilled water to cells that are low on electrolyte in removable cap batteries. Rule of thumb: cover the cells with 1/2 inch of water. Do not overfill the cells, especially in a cold battery: the electrolyte level will rise when battery temperature increases. Recharge the battery if necessary.

• Replace a sealed top battery that has one or more cells with a low electrolyte level. Some sealed tops have translucent battery cases that allow you to see the electrolyte level. Never attempt to open a sealed top or alter the case by drilling or cutting.

• Repair, replace, or tighten loose or damaged battery hold downs. This is a very important and often overlooked aspect of battery service. A loose battery is more apt to sustain internal damage from vibration and impact than one that is properly secured to the battery tray.

Battery Charging Checklist & Quick Tips

Battery Charging Checklist

• Put away your flammable objects. Anything that might cause flame or sparks near the battery are very dangerous. Battery gasses are highly explosive.

• Check the battery case for signs of damage. If the case is cracked or severely warped or bulged, it is not safe to charge and/or test. If the battery is frozen, get a new one. Frozen batteries seldom recover and can explode when charged. NEVER CHARGE A FROZEN BATTERY!

• Check and correct the battery electrolyte level. If the electrolyte in a cold battery just barely covers the cells, add nothing. The electrolyte level will rise as the battery warms during charging.

• If the electrolyte level is low enough to expose plate material, add just enough water to cover the cells. If you can see that the electrolyte level is below the tops of the cell material through the translucent case of a sealed battery, replace the battery. There is no approved method for adding water to a sealed battery.

• Check the battery vents to be sure they aren’t clogged with debris. All batteries gas as they charge, and the gas needs to escape gradually through the vents. Leave the battery caps in place to prevent acid from bubbling over to the battery exterior. If the top of the battery has become “wet” enough from this spray, the electrolyte may create a conductive path between the posts that increases self-discharge.

Charging Quick Tips

• Determine the battery rating and state of charge before selecting a charge rate. Refer to the battery charger documentation.

• Connect the charger to the battery before turning it on.

• Turn the battery charger off before disconnecting it from the battery.

• A slow charge is better for the battery than a fast charge.

• Don’t let the battery get too hot. Cut back the charging rate if the battery case gets hotter than 125 degrees F.

• If there is excessive gassing or bubbling, stop charging immediately.

• Use lead adapters, not steel bolts, for side terminal battery charger connections. Lead adapters are much more conductive.

Jump Starting

Jump Starting

A vehicle with a battery that is too discharged to operate the starter may be jump started in an emergency. Jump starting connects a charged battery in parallel with the discharged battery to provide enough power to start the engine.

Whenever possible, a safer alternative to jump starting is to remove the battery from the vehicle for charging and testing. This reduces the chances of personal injury or vehicle damage associated with the jump starting procedures.

• Jump starting a vehicle is a potentially dangerous procedure. Battery gases are explosive. Gloves, protective clothing, and goggles should always be worn when jump starting a vehicle.

• Never smoke or create a spark that could ignite explosive battery gases.

• Never make the final cable connection at the battery, it may create a spark.

• Make sure the dead battery is not frozen. Do not attempt to jump start a frozen battery. It could explode.

From Canada, Calgary
tgpenney@gmail.com

My First Job should be my last first job Safety now on the first day Safety Always
From Canada, Calgary
File Type: ppt My First Job.ppt (1.82 MB, 318 views)

dipil

Dear Raghu
Welcome back to the forum... Hope you enjoyed your vaccation and everything fine at your end... Keep on sharing and let us do our best for the sake of all...
Dear Terry: Again great presentation from your side...What EHS Pro suppose to do seems good...
@All
Lets watch another one from myside on horseplay...

From India
File Type: zip BLP2996342768062002.zip (1.25 MB, 293 views)

Dear all,
Another one from my side . . .
Dear dipil,
Thanks for your horse play video really nice one against horse play keep up the good work. . .
Dear dinesh,
Thanks for your commands. . .
Dear penney,
Thanks for your battery tips and presentation. . .

From United States, Fpo
File Type: zip eric work safety animation_x264.zip (440.5 KB, 408 views)

dipil

Dear Raghu
Nice animated movie on Manual lifting Again... i think one of our forum member in search of data regarding manual hadling... Refer this video clip to him... Good one and keep on sharing...
Now just have a look into another one from myside on Horse Play...
keep on sharing and keep up the pace...

From India
File Type: zip footbal.zip (4.90 MB, 276 views)

Dear all, another one from myside. . . Dear dipil, Thanks a lot for your video(i cant download due to network problem). . . Keep on sharing. . .
From United States, Fpo
File Type: zip Home safety animation_x264.zip (6.56 MB, 426 views)

tgpenney@gmail.com

Arc Flash it just shocking Here is one I wrote
From Canada, Calgary
File Type: ppt Arc Flash its deadly.ppt (2.23 MB, 275 views)

tgpenney@gmail.com

I know the materials states Alberta (my home province)
But the problem is world wide, improper excavation costs thousands never mind the risks to human life if done improper, here are few guiding principle from my side of the pond

From Canada, Calgary
File Type: ppt presentation.ppt (2.36 MB, 256 views)
File Type: pdf Ground%20Disturbance%20201%20Equivalency%20Ed1-V9%20061109%20(3).pdf (215.6 KB, 162 views)
File Type: pdf Ground%20Disturbance%20101%20Equivalency%20Ed1-V5%20061109.pdf (173.6 KB, 149 views)
File Type: pdf DPP.pdf (474.7 KB, 167 views)

School of International Languages
ENJOY !!!! Got this from citehr only long back.
From India, Delhi
File Type: pps Safe work competition.pps (417.0 KB, 397 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.