No Tags Found!

maverick98
I was working in a worst company in 2021, in india. In the offer letter they mentioned that i need to compulsary work in their company for 3 years, after working very hard for 1 year, they did not gave good hike and the work culture was horrible. I left the company by returning the laptop. They did not give my last month salary. when i asked them salary they told i am Absconded, and i need to pay 2 lakhs rupees to get Relieving and Experience letters, It was my 9 months salary in that company. I worked from 6am to 8pm and even on weekends also. I dont want to give that money, and they said lawyer notice asking to pay them 2 lakhs. I also sent a reply lawyer notive to them saying, show me the proof i signed any bond/service agreement or anything. They just asked us to sign on the offer letter, in which one of the condition was to work there for 3 years.
After my reply lawyer notice they did not gave any reply. Now, after 3 years I came to USA and mistakenly mentioned that experience in my resume.
Now i called them and said i will pay that 2 lakhs rupees, and asked them to give me those Relieving and experience letters. They are not giving any reply. They asked to pay with interest and i agreed, but more than money they have ruined several of my friends lives in the background check and they want to do the same to me. what to do now? kindly please tell me.

Also they did not mention 2 lakhs rupees in the offer letter. we were 22 members and one instructore teached Tutorials point topics for name sake for 3 months. They are asking we dont need money we want you, come and work for us or we will ruin your life.

From United States, Newark
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It is always advisable to read the terms and conditions of any offer /employment letter before you accept & sign.

It is very unfortunate you were harassed by your ex-employer. Anyway now what is the need for relieving cum experience letter after the lapse of 3 years especially when you got relocated to US? Better remove that employer name from your Resume. However if the details of ex-employment is already submitted to current employer then they might initiate formal background verification process. Initiating legal process might worsen the issue further. So handle it diplomatically. Ask some senior member from your family to meet the HR and take it up further.

From India, Madras
maverick98
Thanks so much for your Advice, Lakshmi Narayana. As they prebiously asked 2 lakhs rupees, I thought, i can pay them and get those letters now and also It took 7 months to get a job offer, I was relentlessly trying to get interview calls in this bad job market and really forgot about these Letters at that time. which became an issue now.

As you told, I will ask my Father to talk with the higher management.

From United States, Newark
saswatabanerjee

The condition of having to work for the specific period is illegal and not enforceable in india.
However, you need that particular letter, so they have leverage on you.

Legally they can not do anything to you, just as they dropped the matter after your reply to their legal notice.

On the other hand, you can do very little to them either. Taking actual legal action is very expensive and time consuming in India, so you have little options here. But you already know this, so exactly what is the question you want answered?

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Maverick,
There is a proverb "birds of same feathers flocks together". It is well evident from your case (that worst one works in worst place). You can't blame or call the company worst in public for your own reason.
You were at fault because of not adhering the terms of appointment. Initially you declined to pay but you want to pay now when your situation has worsen.
If you really want to get out of the situation the lawyers notice would not help you a lot. If your salary of 9 months is stocked off move through your court in claim of unpaid salary.

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

If you really desperate to get that letter, your option could be 1) negotiate with that Co. and settle the issue. 2) If doesn't work that way legal course is the only way but it won't serve for your urgency. One side bond, signed if any is not enforceable in India. But you should study the terms and conditions of appointment w.r.t. 'notice period' did you comply with that stipulation? Did you serve the 'notice period' when you resigned? How they relieved you? If not officially relieved how your separation was treated in that co. ? If there is no official relieving then there is every chance of 'absconding' noted in your service records. Check that out first before proceeding further.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.