No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I have a query where I was paid under 194jb, and it's showing up in the non-salary category. There is no PF account associated with it. Is this, by any chance, considered dual employment, as I was working full time at that time?
From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

It may be treated as moonlighting but whether it will prevent you from your main engagement or employment will depend upon the manner in which you have carried out the same. Normally, while in employment with an establishment you are not expected to have any business of profits. Business of profits means any activity from which you will get any gain, income or remuneration. If it is proved that you were working for any other organisation as an employee, consultant or any other manner for any return, the same can be questioned by your employer. It is immaterial whether the TDS is deducted as per 192 or 194J or PF is deducted or not. Working for a return is moonlighting.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.