No Tags Found!

ram-j3621881
Hi All, on my brother, someone filed case IPC section 417 and 419 from the police station, which is different from where we are staying; now he is planning to join Wipro; during background check Wipro will check criminal cases in the police station, which is near to my home where no cases is there, please respond will Wipro get to know the case which is in different police station? Will this affect my brother joining Wipro?
From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Normally, the background verification covers only past records of employment, and the agency conducting the verification has no right to get the personal records like criminal case. But some companies will have an internal policy that an employee convicted for a criminal offence will be terminated from service, This rule will be applicable to an employee joining the establishment by giving a declaration that if convicted by a Court, he will lose the job. Therefore, the declaration that there is no criminal case against the employee would become false and then the company, on understanding that the employee had concealed some facts when joining, can ask him to go. Therefore, it is risky even if the background verification does not reveal any such past misconducts or incidents.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.