kumar-sankar
I worked at Company 1 (a startup) for two years. Then, I joined an MNC, Company 2. Now, I got an offer from Company 3.

A few days after my Last Working Day in Company 2, HR from Company 3 called me and stated that my BGV had failed because I lied. Surprisingly, the BGV vendor got mail from Company 1 that I didn't resign. Instead, I was fired for poor performance. Also, the documents that I shared, the Experience certificate and the Appointment Letter, were not genuine but forged. I do not have proof of Experience certificate, but I received the Appointment Letter from Company 1's official mail.

Exactly one month before submitting my resignation from Company 1, I received an award from the company for my performance (medal + cash price) in Company 1. My BGV was cleared by Company 2 (Company 2 is also an MNC and is very strict with BGV). I told HR I could provide an affidavit stating that I did not forge documents and that the same documents were shared with Company 2 as well. Company 1 is lying and trying to destroy my career, or they already did. Company 3 is asking for an official mail stating my Date of joining, Date of Exit and Nature of Exit (resigned voluntarily) from Company 1. But Company 1 is not responding. What can I do?

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

You should file a case against Company 1 for false allegation against you and deformation. It is a matter of own prestige, never compromise on it. Consult a lawyer and send a notice to all persons involved. This should be a message to all employers/ HR persons who blindly believe the background verification agencies and past employers. I have just now replied to another thread with similar grievance. Please read that also in the following link.

https://www.citehr.com/647344-bgv-failure-re-hiring-due-performance-issue.html

Please do not hesitate to take the employer who had given you award for best performer. It is a fact that when you lose a good performer using whom you have earned lots of projects and money you will feel bad. But taking revenge by putting negative remarks on the same employee is very bad.

From India, Kannur
kumar-sankar
Thanks @Madhu. Company 1 had not deposited my EPF amount (even when it was deducted) for 1 month and EPS amount for the entire year, despite multiple follow-ups over 6-7 months. So, I had to raise a grievance against Company 1. That is the reason why they are holding a grudge against me.

But, I had to take that step, because, I was being warned by Company 2 regarding PF being taken very seriously. Now, Company 1 is doing this kind of unethical work.

From India, Bengaluru
kannanmv

In my opinion if you have salary slips or bank statement for the period you had worked in Company 1 and if you are willing to share it with Company 3, then it will resolve your issue.

No Company will be willing to pay salary to a poor performer. In such a case if your salary slip from the Date of Joining Company 1 to the date of exit in Company 1 is clear then there should not be any issue.

Regards

MVK

From India, Madras
kumar-sankar
@Kannanmv - I dont have payslips for the entire duration. Only the last 6 months. But. I have PF for the entire duration, when I was made a Full time employee. Will that work ?
From India, Bengaluru
kannanmv

Possibly yes, if you can download the EPF passbook, from EPFO website using your UAN login. Here again, PF remittance should have been made by Company 1 from the Date of your Joining till Date of your exit.

Regards

MVK

From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

Logically, your award for performance should be considered by the new company HR, but if they believe you forged the documents, then they wouldn't believe the award either. But if you have proof of your compliant against them to PF, that could convince Company 3 of your sincerity.

You can consider filing a criminal and civil case against Company 1, but it is going to be an expensive affair and you need to have someone backing you up, which would be an activist organisation, NGO or an union. Unfortunately, associating with either of these will hinder your career in future as prospective employers do not like it.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.