Anonymous
I joined one company in 8 June 2020 and left the same on 20 OCT 2020 after serving notice period. I had relieving letter and exp letter as well of same dates as mentioned above. But the company kept sending PF contributions to my PF account till Mar 2021. As I left this company on 20 OCT 2020 and joined next company on 21st- OCT- 2020. Now on pf portal I had an overlap of 6 months. My previous employer also accepted the mistake. How can I correct the same?
From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

Legally, a person can have different PF accounts at a time. EPF Organisation cannot prevent a person from getting salary from two employers at a time. But I don't know why this service overlapping has been taken as a serious crime now a days. Suppose a person works for company A and Company B. Let it be part time work. He will earn salary from A and B on the same day. Obviously, both the companies should deduct PF and pay it under two member ids. Both the accounts will be under one UAN. At any point of time, the employee can transfer the funds in one member Id to another and take it. What is wrong in it? I don't find any fault in it.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.