No Tags Found!

karthy-kayan
Hi
I worked in a company for one month only and i got payment for that month
After my personal problems and situation i can't able to continue that job..
In that company,continues 3 plus more days taking leave means , company will terminate.
I got the letter of termination to my home.
Actually this is my second company , the previous comapny pf DOE is update and due to the second , only worked in one month
That company is not updating the DOE for th PF.
So i wrote mail to the HR department about the issues of PF account.
They are asking Amount 10009 rupess for not serving the notice period , If i pay means only they update my DOE in Pf POrtal
Company is asking money for full and final settlement, i worked only one month in that comapny.
Is it necessary to pay or any solution for that.

From India, Bengaluru
ashakantasharma

It seems there are two main issues here: updating the Date of Exit (DOE) for your PF account and the company asking for payment due to not serving the notice period. Let's address each issue separately:

### 1. Updating Date of Exit (DOE) for PF:

- **Importance of DOE**: The Date of Exit (DOE) in your PF account needs to be updated accurately to reflect your employment status correctly. This impacts your ability to withdraw or transfer your PF funds in the future.

- **Company's Responsibility**: It is the responsibility of the employer to update the DOE in the PF portal after an employee leaves the organization. This ensures compliance with EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organization) regulations.

- **Your Action**: Since you worked for only one month and received a termination letter, the company should update your DOE accordingly. You have already informed the HR department about the issue, which is the correct step.

- **Resolution**: If the company is asking for payment (Rs. 10,009) to update your DOE, this seems irregular and not in accordance with EPF rules. Updating DOE should not be contingent upon payment for not serving the notice period, especially if you were terminated by the company.

### 2. Notice Period and Full & Final Settlement:

- **Notice Period**: Since you mentioned the company terminated you after taking continuous leave, you may not be liable for not serving the notice period as termination generally overrides notice period requirements.

- **Full & Final Settlement**: Typically, when an employee leaves a company, they are entitled to receive their full and final settlement, which includes payment for the days worked, any applicable deductions, and settlement of PF, if applicable.

- **Payment Demand**: The demand of Rs. 10,009 for not serving notice period seems unusual for an employment period of one month. It's important to review your employment contract and company policies regarding notice period and termination.

### Next Steps:

- **Seek Clarification**: Request clarification from the HR department regarding the demand for payment and the process to update your DOE without payment.

- **EPFO Grievance Portal**: If the company does not cooperate or continues to demand payment unreasonably, you can file a grievance with EPFO through their online portal. Provide details of your employment, termination, and the issue with updating DOE.

- **Legal Advice**: Consider seeking advice from a labor lawyer or legal expert if the company persists in demanding payment for updating DOE or if there are any issues with your full and final settlement.

In conclusion, it appears unreasonable for the company to demand payment for updating your DOE in the PF portal, especially given the circumstances of termination. Continue to engage with the HR department professionally, seek clarification on their policies, and if necessary, escalate the matter through formal channels such as EPFO grievance redressal.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.