Deepa Bhardwaj

Hi Everyone,
I want to share a problem of a team...there are 7 (including manager) members but they hardly talk to each other, except work related stuff. Even their manager has told all of them openly about this but this is going since from past two years now and manager has joined few months back.
Can any one help with some solution ,advice on this..
Waiting for your valuable feedbacks.
Regards

From India, Gurgaon
pranati

Hey if they are individually performing well - why is manager disturbed. Whats the main reason that he wants them to interact on ???
We dont have to be friend with our colleagues as long as we can perform well together right...
So try to highlight the concern & maybe we will be able to help in a better way.
Till then
Start with daily 10 minutes meeting - where they will be talking bout work but if the manager handles it well , will lead to interaction amongst team members.
If they lack team spirit formal trainings can be organized , & trainer can be asked to give the feedback to all of them individiually (it will be better than a new manager telling the same things , cause its more acceptable coming from neutral source & the team will be more free with external person)
You can also organize some evening get togethers/weekend programs / family interactions etc

From India, Mumbai
Deepa Bhardwaj

Hi Pranati...thanyou for responding to my query!
Firstly to make picture more clear , the previous manager got some another role in the company itself and new mgr has joined few months back...and she finds their is cohesiveness in the team, few of them have some prolem in sharing knowledge ,data..The situation is same from past two years, moreover, new manager has taken initiative to talk openly about this , took team out for lunch..planning for picnic..but few members are still the same they don't want to change, :cry:

From India, Gurgaon
Amith R Murthy

Hi Friend,
I think Pranati is correct, you have mentioned it as they are like this from two years so it will take more time for them to settle down and the best you can do is start up with some gatherings may be like meetings for 10mins or weekly get toghther as quoted by Pranati. It will really help to get a solution for you but it might take its own time since it is happening from two years. Even you can arrange some training sessions and it will be better if an external person handles than even your manager will get settled down in the team and the team members will also be stasified with your manager.
Anyways ALL THE BEST and let me know what else can be done from other members...........
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
pranati

Remember change is a gradual process but each time they do something right appreciate it.
Go for treks & other overnight programs - it helps buld a team spirit & improves interaction
Get external trainer as mentioned earlier
In office assign group tasks.
Check your PMS - is it rewarding individual or teams?
Start with 10 minutes meeting
Take the whole grouo out for dinner with spouse.
All the best

From India, Mumbai
Ivana
Hi,
You have got really useful tips I can use as well.
I can only say that managers are there to manage people, and the problems are challenges that make us successful or not, depending on solving it or not.
So, new manager has to make a real effort to get to know them all and make an impact on each of them with her leadership. She has to build a team, so the first step is to set a common goal for a team.
She should point out the strengths and weaknesses (SWOT) of a team, and of the individuals as well, and set goals. Make a vision for a team and let them speak freely in front of each other in constructive way how to reach goals.
They need to change, but the easiest way is to make them subject to change. Make them initiate the change by their own, and there is pretty good guaranty that will succeed.
And always be positive and in control. They are most like children. Always trying to confront, but respect and need control. Because they have trust. Make them trust her.
Good luck,
Ivana

From Croatia, Draga
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Dear Friend,
Kindly click on the following link, it will give you some required information,
https://www.citehr.com/download-list.php?query=Team
Pls let me know was this information useful,,
If not let me try out more & give information,,,,
Regards
Mohamed Sardhar
093831 93832

From India, Coimbatore
nandishsheregar

this a typical situation in most of the organizations. the persons working under the old manager are used to behave in a manner which might have suited them.
when a new person joins either a department or an organization, one important aspect is the time taken for both to be accepted. the earlier the cycle time the trust building is faster.
the intentions of the new manager may be good. but he / she has to give time to build the confidence among the collegues. no subordinate will open unless they are sure of the boss's attitude, which the manager has to demonstrate.
my experienece says - you lead by example.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
fundusuperstars
Dear,
I fought with similar situation. The solution is simple! Conduct a In-house training with a simple topic like communication and have maximum ice-breaking games...
Result: by the end of the day, the participants will be close, happy and united.
Try it out!!!

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.