No Tags Found!

Anonymous
1. How do you ensure fairness and transparency in performance reviews while complying with legal requirements?
2. What are the most effective tools and techniques for conducting skills audits and workforce planning in a mid-sized organization?
3. How do you measure the effectiveness of training programs and ensure they meet organizational needs?

From Australia, Melbourne
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

The question-wise replies are as follows:

1. How do you ensure fairness and transparency in performance reviews while complying with legal requirements?

Reply: - To bring fairness and transparency, the organisation can do the following:

a) Train the managers and above on how to design KRAs. Each KRA must meet the SMART principle.
b) Define the standard performance cycle. The managers need to define the KRAs at the beginning of the performance cycle and communicate with the juniors.
c) The focus of measurement should be on measuring the costs and ratios associated with each department.
d) In the last week of the performance cycle, the Performance Appraisal (PA) is to be conducted. During the PA session or even before, the juniors need to submit KRA-wise records of the performance rendered. The manager validates the records and awards the marks for each KRA. As the marks are awarded on the evidence, it helps in bringing transparency and fairness in the procedure.
e) In the PA session, the managers advise the junior where the improvement is necessary, design a fresh KRA sheet for the subsequent performance cycle and the session closes. The PA records are forwarded to the HR Department for compilation of the records as per the department.

2. What are the most effective tools and techniques for conducting skills audits and workforce planning in a mid-sized organisation?

Reply: - This is a vague question. To conduct the skills audit a help of external consultant could be required. The workforce planning is based on customer demand, seasonality of the demand, capacities available, quality standards for the products or services, breakdown history of the machines used, availability of the spares, the skill levels of the workers, etc.

3. How do you measure the effectiveness of training programs and ensure they meet organisational needs?

Reply: - I have answered this query many times. Employee training is conducted for the following reasons:

a) To reduce some cost
b) To reduce consumption of resources
c) To reduce the turnaround time of some processes and
d) To increase or decrease of some ratio

Who will be trained, when they will be trained, where they will be trained, why they will be trained and when, who and how the training effectiveness will be measured is to be decided well before the execution of the training programme. Earlier, I have given an exhaustive reply on employee training. Click the following link to refer to it:

https://www.citehr.com/showpost.php?p=2222367&postcount=2

The examples of conducting result-oriented training are as below:

e) This training programme on "Effective Customer Service" is conducted to increase the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) from _____ to _____ by _____ (date).

f) The training programme on Inventory Management is conducted to reduce the Inventory Carrying Cost (ICC) from _____ to _____ by _____ (date).

Your query has a comprehensive reply. I have tried giving replies to each question. Your query is far more than routine questions asked on the general forum. For further queries, feel free to approach me.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

I have answers for all your queries. However, it is not so easy or simple to explain everything in one communication. There are solutions available for each of your queries. You can get back to me, who is an HR consultant and HR trainer / HR auditor. just search my name NK Sundaram in Linkedin / Internet / Youtube (@nksundaram).
Best wishes

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.