No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I started my career in the IT sector in 2022. I joined Tech Mahindra as CSA and left the company after one month and five days. I joined Capgemini as a subcontractor as the vendor asked me to join as a fresher, and there was an urgent requirement. I informed my manager the same. He informed me that HR would contact me about my resignation. I joined Capgemini on 1st June, and HR called me on 15th June and asked me to provide a written explanation. I did, and they marked my exit date as 15th June, although I didn’t work for those 15 days. Now I have 15 days of overlap. I didn’t mention this experience on my CV as it won’t be considered relevant experience. So my concern is, will it be a big problem in future as it is showing on service history? Should I stop searching for a job in the private sector??

Current position: IT support associate
Have a plan to pursue an MBA

From India, Kolkata
raghunath_bv

Hi,
It's unfortunate that you had a brief tenure at Tech Mahindra and faced some complications with the transition to Capgemini. However, having a short stint at a company and the associated details in your service history shouldn't be a major obstacle in your future job searches.

Here are a few things to consider:

Explanation during Interviews: If asked about the short stint during interviews, you can provide a brief and honest explanation. Emphasize the urgency of the requirement at Capgemini and the communication with your manager at Tech Mahindra. It's important to be clear and concise in explaining the situation.

Relevance of Experience: If the experience at Tech Mahindra is not relevant to the positions you are applying for, and you choose not to include it in your CV, it might not be a significant concern. Employers typically focus on the most recent and relevant experiences.

Focus on Skills and Achievements: Highlight your skills, achievements, and the value you can bring to a potential employer. Emphasize your positive contributions in your roles, and demonstrate how your skills align with the requirements of the positions you are applying for.

Professional Development: If you have gained additional skills or experience since then, make sure to include those in your CV. This can show continuous learning and development, which is often valued by employers.

Reference Check: Be prepared for potential reference checks. If the issue arises during a reference check, you can explain the situation as you did during the interviews.

It's essential to approach job interviews with confidence and a positive attitude. People understand that career paths are not always linear, and there can be circumstances beyond one's control. Focus on presenting your strengths and capabilities during the hiring process. Remember that everyone has unique career journeys, and employers often appreciate honesty and professionalism in handling such situations.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Thank you sir for your prompt reply. I worked in Tech Mahindra for 1 months 5 days only so Is it okay If I don’t mention it ? I worked capgemini for 1 year 6 months and currently working in a different company. This issue bothers me a lot and not getting any help from anyone . I wasn’t aware of dual employment or moonlighting. Previously I got an offer from CGI and I informed them the same thing but they revoked my offer. Is there any way to get rid of it? I tried to contact Tech Mahindra but got no response from them? Can I take legal advice?
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.