rudrasinh-rathod
I'm working in a plastic manufacturing company under an apprenticeship. The company gave me an offer letter for a one-year training period, but they didn't register me in the apprenticeship portal for two months. After that, they told me that my apprenticeship had just started. Can I switch to another company during the apprenticeship? Or can I change the time period as given on the offer letter? Please guide me.
From India
Madhu.T.K

You can change the company only with the permission of the Apprentice Adviser. In normal circumstances, once you terminate the contract of apprenticeship with one employer, you will not be given another opportunity under the designated trades by the Apprentice Adviser. At the same time, section 5 of the Apprentice Act provides for novation of contract of apprentice by which if the Apprentice Adviser is satisfied that the employer with whom the contract is entered into is unable to fulfil his obligations, the apprentice shall be given another employer. The period of apprentice training will be such which is remaining unexpired. Moreover, no such novation is permitted if the employer and the guardian of the apprentice permit to do so.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous

Hi Rudrasinh,
If you had been working for the past 2 months, and they did not register you until after 2 months, it is a problem. Were you paid for those 2 months?
If you were registered after 2 months, are you now supposed to work 1 year+ 2 months?

It seems to me an act to keep you working longer and under title of an apprentice to extort your skills at minimum pay. Suggest to search other place soon, good luck.

From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.