Ritik Singh
I got an offer from a company that told me to report on the 24th of August, and when I reported there, they started the procedure of issuing gate pass, generally, it takes three days time, but in my case, it is taking more than 12 days, and they told me that you will not get money or salary or wages until and unless you report the site or you report inside the site. It is only possible when the gate pass is being issued, so I want to know if there are any labour laws, workmen's acts, or any article which will help me to get my 12-day payment.
From India, Vadodara
Madhu.T.K

Your query is not clear. In understand that you joined a company on 24th Aug, and they have not paid your salary. Today is only 4th of September, and please wait for three more days to get your salary paid.

I don't know what is the relevance of gate pass in relation to salary payment. Please clarify.

From India, Kannur
Ritik Singh
There is a provision here that without is gate pass you cannot enter the side in other words CISF personnels will not let you enter site without gate pass , and my company MD says that when you get your gate pass after that your duty days will be counted.
From India, Vadodara
Madhu.T.K

Gate Pass is issued to move out of a factory, and is meant for on site employees, right? If an employee is employed, from the day of his joining he should get salary. If he is not sent to site, he should be utilised within the factory. It is not due to any fault of the employee that he is not allotted work. Moreover, if the CISF is managing the security, it should be a public sector unit, I believe. In a PSU set up, I am afraid, how this kind of situations come? What is your role ? What the terms and conditions of service say about payment of salary?
From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

As in your matter the company need to pay you from the date of 24th of August till the date of issue of Gate Pass, if there no such conditions exist in appointment letter.
There is no problem in considering payment in salary, or else can pay a lump sum amount other than the wages for the idle period in vouchers. This is the mostly followed practice across the industries.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

I do not know which factory this is, but many companies have this type of system where they have sensitive technology.
It is the company's fault if they did not plan this in time or inform you to start the process early.

By law, they have appointed you and you reported as per their directive, so they are liable to pay you. However, you need to decide whether you want to spoil your relationship on a relatively small amount. Instead, you need to appeal to the HR Head and ask for his help, explaining you just reported as they directed.

Incidentally, if you have to get inside the company to show your face to your HR or Operations team, you can also do so with a visitor pass, which can be issued if your manager tells the security that you are there to meet / work with him

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.