No Tags Found!

kalki_99
I joined on 18th Apr and resigned on 20th April next year. But company is denying the bonus which was promised to be given post 1 year from DOJ by saying that I was on notice period when the payout was done i.e on 26th April.

Offer letter says:-
The payout will be done in the payroll cycle as per the defined timelines above, subject to you being on rolls of the company and not serving notice.

What should I do in this case ?

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

Notwithstanding any clause in the appointment order, bonus as per Payment of Bonus Act shall be payable to an employee who is entitled to get it if he has worked at least for 30 days in the financial year. The amount can be paid any day but within 8 months of the closure of financial year. Therefore, if your basic salary and dearness allowance put together is not more than Rs 21000 you will come under the Payment of Bonus Act, and if so, your bonus shall be paid even if you are on notice period. But if you are not an employee eligible to get any statutory bonus, then the payment will depend upon the terms of appointment order. Since there is a condition mentioned in the appointment order that bonus is payable only if you are in service or not serving notice period, you may not get it.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.