No Tags Found!

kt484870
I am Kamlesh Tiwari, currently working in a corporate office since June 2024. My previous company was a manufacturing unit where I handled all HR activities. However, in my current company, I am only handling recruitment. Now, I don’t have much work to do, and most of the day, I am free. I don't feel engaged because I don't have the same responsibilities as before, and this situation is causing me a lot of stress. Could you please suggest what I should do?
From India, New Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

I hope you took this assignment after disusing your roles and responsibilities with whoever took interview for you.

Well now that you feel free most of the times why not you can discuss with your HR about shouldering additional responsibilities. Just project your Superior that you were handling all the HR actives with previous employer and having that experience you want handle those areas. Your current employer may consider depends on the size of your HR department. If no is there to take care they may consider. Alternatively if some senior employees were in place with more experience than you they may restrict.

After discussion with your Superior if they restrict your role to recruitment only then you may look for other offer.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

Earlier you were working in the manufacturing unit. Generally, these units are filled with a lot of activities. Now you say that you work in a company where other than recruitment, you do not have any HR-related work. However, you have not mentioned the nature of your industry, your company's finished product, how many employees work in the company, whom you report to, how many employees work in the HR department, how many recruitments you handle per month, etc.

Related to the recruitment, the following questions arise from your post:

a) Did you discuss with your reporting authority how to fill in the surplus time with some HR-related activities? If yes, what was his/her take?

b) You handle the recruitment. Have you analysed the trend of employee attrition? Which departments have a maximum exit? To improve the quality of recruitment, did you try to understand the operations of those departments? What efforts have you made to understand the intricacies of each department?

c) What efforts have you made to know the important KRAs of each department? What is the scope of introducing KRA-based recruitment?

d) Have you analysed the wrong hires in the past? Wrong hires mean the newly recruited employees had to be terminated because of their poor performance. What lessons were learnt because of the wrong recruitment?

e) You are in the recruitment. What efforts are you taking to improve the database of the candidates? How are you enlarging your network on LinkedIn?

f) What efforts do you take to promote the brand image of your company? What proposals have you made to the authorities concerned to promote the employer branding?

g) Have you measured the cost of recruitment? Have you thought of ideas to reduce the cost per hire?

h) What study have you made to improve the quality of recruitment? Is there a possibility of introducing tools like psychometric tests, use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), etc.?

Related to the other functions of the HR, the following questions arise:

i) After the recruitment, did you try to prepare the career plan for the employees? Do you know how to make career plans?

j) After the recruitment, the newly joined employees, especially juniors need to be mentored. What efforts have you made to introduce the "Formal Mentoring Programme" in the company? Do you know what is formal mentoring?

k) Is employee training conducted in your company? If yes, then what is the scope to introduce the result-based training? What is the scope to measure the ROI on training? Do you know how to measure ROI on training or other HR interventions?

l) To fill in the surplus time, what efforts have you made to learn new skills like MS Excel, ChatGPT, business writing skills, communication skills, etc.?

There are so many questions associated with your post, gentleman. If you work on the above questions, far from having surplus time, you will face a shortage of time!

I wish you all the best!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.