Anonymous
HI! I am working in a company where the shift starts at 9:00 AM. we have a grace period of 30min. We have a limited number of hourly permissions per month to address any late after 09:30 AM. Let's day i have a balance of 1 hr. and I came late by 2 hours at 11:00 Hr. I do not have enough balance to apply so that my late in is gone. So, I applied my hourly leave from 09:30 AM (Grace end) to 10:30 AM. My employer still considers the 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM as 30 min late. Is that a standard? Because since I applied from grace end (09:30 AM), shouldn't the company ignore the duration between 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM?
From India, Hyderabad
kannanmv

Kindly note that the reporting time of your Company is 09:00 AM and the Company has been graceful in giving you 30 minutes grace time. The grace time translates to 780 minutes/ month (30 minutes X 26 days), assuming your Company has 6 working days per week. 780 minutes is equivalent to 13 hours, which is equivalent to an hour in excess of 1.5 mandays (8 hour working considered).

On top of this your Company has been even more considerate in giving out hourly permission. In my opinion, the late coming is generally considered from the reporting time if the employee reports beyond the grace time.

I would advise you to develop the habit of reporting to work on time. If your Company has flexible working hours then you need to ensure that you at least clock in 8 hours of work.

Regards

MVK

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.