No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I am Smitha, based in Delhi NCR. I had a career break in my HR journey after 11 years of experience in various renowned companies due to some personal responsibilities.

I wish to get back to HR. I am sharing my LinkedIn profile for your kind perusal
linkedIn/in/smitha-hr

Any leads and advice on getting back to HR would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Regards
Smitha.

From India, Delhi
NK SUNDARAM

Thanks for sharing your desire to get back into your career. I have delivered online training for a few women professionals, during and post covid about career reconnect, post wedding, post childbirth etc. We focus on a few things during my training session. These are: Knowledge updation... When I ask them questions on latest development in their domain, they drew a blank. Secondly, appearance. It is possible some people tend to put on additional weight during the break... so appearance, dressing up also matters a lot. Third will be staying or reconnecting with people in professional media. It is possible you may need a job in a new location, new industry etc. Have you fine-tuned your profile mentioning your expectations in the new situation. Best wishes
From India
raghunath_bv

Dear Smitha,

Welcome back to the HR field! Here are some steps you can take to ease your transition:

Update Your Resume and LinkedIn Profile:

Highlight your 11 years of experience and emphasize your achievements and skills.
Mention your career break briefly, focusing on your readiness and enthusiasm to return to work.
Networking:

Reconnect with former colleagues and industry contacts.
Attend HR-related webinars, workshops, and conferences to expand your network.
Upskilling:

Take online courses or certifications in the latest HR trends and technologies.
Familiarize yourself with new HR software and tools.
Job Search Strategy:

Apply for roles that match your experience and skills.
Consider temporary or contract roles to ease back into the workforce.
Prepare for Interviews:

Be ready to discuss your career break positively, focusing on what you learned during that time.
Highlight your experience, skills, and how they align with the job requirements.
Stay Updated:

Keep abreast of the latest developments and trends in HR.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

Wish you all the best for your 2nd innings.
I may even suggest, try to pursue teaching profession (for MBA/MSW) if you possess adequate edu.qualifications as you'll be able to combine work experience with ease in the stipulated curriculum. If any addl.qualifications are wanting you may try to acquire them in a matter of a year or two.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.