Ravindran.K.A
How does worker well-being impact employee performance?
From India, New Delhi
harshi-2002
Worker well-being significantly impacts employee performance by enhancing productivity, engagement, and job satisfaction. When employees feel physically and mentally healthy, they are more likely to be motivated and committed to their work. High well-being reduces absenteeism and turnover rates, leading to a more stable and experienced workforce. It also fosters a positive work environment, encouraging collaboration and innovation. Conversely, poor well-being can lead to stress, burnout, and decreased performance. Companies that prioritize worker well-being often see improvements in overall efficiency, morale, and the ability to attract and retain top talent, ultimately benefiting the organization's success.
From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Harshi-2002,

You replied to the post raised in 2021. You wrote about positive things about workers' well-being. I wish you had also considered the opposing viewpoint. It would have made your reply well-balanced.

Well-being implies a contented state of mind. What if this contented state results in complacency? Worse still, what if the contented state leads to laziness?

People do not oush themselves if they are not required to struggle. consider the case of higher and lower middle-income groups from urban India. Although the parents from these two income groups provide everything readily to their children, it does not result in higher academic success. This is evident when comparing the students from urban and rural India. Although the former enjoy far greater benefits, the latter outperform them.

Consider the case of employees of the government services or the PSUs. Although they have a job security, it does not translate into higher productivity.

While writing above, let me reiterate that I merely present the opposing viewpoint. That does not mean that I am against employee well-being. Employee well-being is a foundation, and the company authorities should do everything to strengthen it. However, merely having a strong foundation is not sufficient. Much depends on how the structure is built on the foundation. If the structure is weak the building will crumble anyway.

Employee well-being depends on an excellent interpersonal environment, motivating leadership, an environment that encourages experimentation, an environment where employee learning is challenged, a discrimination-free environment, and so on. At the same time, well-being does not mean compromising discipline.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.